ycornejo

clarisonic...worth it?

Hey everyone! I've been debating buying the clarisonic face brush but have some concerns because of the price. Has anyone here used it? What are your thoughts? Also, for those of you that do use it, can you use any cleanser with it or does it have to be their brand? I like the cleansers I use, just want something that will help with my skin issues. Thamks and look forward to hearing what you all have to say!

rdesigns

Re: clarisonic...worth it?

(0) Hearts

My husband and I have been using the Clarisonic for the last 7 years, and we both love it.  I have some hormonal skin issues (peri-menopause), and I feel like it helps tremendously with keeping my skin clear.  I do notice a difference if I do not use it for a few days - my skin looks duller, and the oil production seems to step-up quite a bit.  It also helps to gently exfoliate any flaky skin that I get from using a prescription Retin-A product.  I recently bought a Foreo Luna, and I do not like it as well as I like my Clarisonic,

vmeiners

(0) Hearts

Totally worth it, I bought one for my daughter n totally cleared up her acne. Bought one for me would never go back,  love it!

HookedOnBeauty2

(0) Hearts

Yes I think it's definitely worth it. I have the Mia 2 and I love it. 

ycornejo

(0) Hearts

Thank you ladies for all the help. I will keep researching but after all the praise I might purchase it.

linda711

(0) Hearts

I purchased one about 5 years ago and never really turned it into a routine. Then I bought the Mia last fall to give it another try, and I absolutely love it!  I use it am and pm, and I also use a multitude of cleansers with it.  My skin is smoother, brighter, and makeup application has never gone better.  To me, it's well worth the price.

H216

(0) Hearts

Got mine last year during Chic week. I don't use it often but more for an at home facial about once or twice a week. Even though I don't use it to its full potential, I am absolutely happy I have it. So yes from me too :smileyhappy:

jvmgranny

(0) Hearts

Definitely buy one.  I love mine.  Makes all the difference.

CuriousCannibal

(0) Hearts

I'm going to be the odd one out and say that I regret purchasing mine. I've had it for about two years, and I just hate it. I never saw an "amazing" difference in my skin. It's definitely not because my skin doesn't like being exfoliated- I have very dry, flaky skin that needs a little exfoliation every day- so I don't know what it was, but something just didn't agree with my skin. I tried the regular brush, the deep cleansing one, and the newer soft luxe brush- hated all of them.

I ended up losing it, and when I found it and starting using it again (with a new brush) I realized that my skin was better off without it. So now it's just collecting dust. 

CourtnieGlam

(0) Hearts

Hi there!

My boyfriend bought me the clarisonic mia as an early birthday gift this week. I've been using it since Sunday and I think my dry skin looks more refreshed! I have gotten compliments on my skin from my boss on my skin as well. It is definitely bringing the dirt to the surface & I am seeing pimples pop up on my chin and forehead, but many people say this is the "purging" phase. I am using the sensitive head with philosophy's purity cleanser! I may switch to the cashmere brush head because it will be more gentle on my cheeks. I feel as though the sensitive brush head irritates my cheeks a bit! Other than that, I highly recommend the clarisonic :smileyhappy: 

LaiceeB18

(0) Hearts

Got mine like... a month or two ago...? I have definitely noticed a difference in my skin and while I'm still making my way through the purge phase it is still an improvement of the feel and texture of my face. This is something I didn't know I needed till I got it. You just have to pay attention to how your skin reacts. You may need to switch cleansers or brush heads speed (if it has the option etc.) :smileyhappy:

pinktorridora

I'm going to mimic everyone else's response with a YES!

I have had a Mia2 for a couple years, but desperately wanted the option to use the body brush, so I just splurged on a Pro. I would recommend purchasing whatever one you will use the features of.

minnie07

(0) Hearts

I have been using the original Mia (the cheapest one) for a long time now (almost 2 years) and I absolutely love it!!!! It really does a good job of cleaning my pores and removing makeup at the end of the day. I use it every day, once a day, since I have extremely oily skin. I can tell my skin benefits from the frequent exfoliation! For people with dry skin, it might be better to exfoliate less often. Good luck! :smileyhappy:

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I have 2: the mia for travel( never really use) & Plus. I LOVE MY PLUS! I use the body brush head in the shower to exfoliate before I shave, and I can use it my chest, back, arms... 

You can use just about any cleanser you want with it as long as it doesn't have grits, beads, fruit particles... those can get trapped inside the clarisonic and cause it to break down. 

Sometimes I'll use a milky or foaming cleanser with it, usually as my second wash (makeup off first, second cleanser with clarisonic). Or a nice tip I learned on here, is to wash your face normally, and then use the clarisonic with just water. I typically do this method in the morning since I don't wash my face every morning. 

Also, start off slow, I think the instructions for the clarisonic sonic say 2x a day, most people only use it 2-3x a week. 

mrsbaine

(0) Hearts

One word. YES. I own two, the Plus, or Pro (can't remember) and Mia 2. I've had the Plus for about 18 months and the battery died. Clarisonic replaced it, but while I waited for the replacement, I bought the Mia2. Your skin just feels different with use; softer, more buttery. It also helps with dry and acne prone skin (per their website). I started out with decent skin and now it looks better. Can't live without it. (They should pay me for this plug). 

mpas

(0) Hearts

I don't own one.  However, I do own a "knock off" by Olay that costs $25.  While it may not be as fancy, I think it does a good job.  I definitely notice a difference when I don't use it.  And I use my regular cleanser.

SDdenm

(0) Hearts

I have combo/oily skin with noticeable pores and I've been using mine for about 6 months now and I do feel like it has done a good job of cleaning out the pores on my nose. Not perfect but so much better. As for the rest of my face, I feel as though it just looks better and my make up applies better. My face is definitely smoother and on days that I dont use it, my face just does not feel clean. I have pretty problematic skin (in my opinion) and I do feel like it was worth it. 

As for cleansers, you can use any foaming cleanser. You definitely CANNOT use cleansers that have like little scrub/exfoliator thingys (sorry, I'm drawing a blank on the actual name haha) because it will damage your skin.

Hope that helps! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • mpas
    • pinktorridora
    • minnie07
    • mrsbaine