Answer
cherryontop
Accepted Solution
blackheads everywhere!

I have a lot of blackheads on my forehead, nose and a few on my chin. I've tried a lot, but I can't seem to get rid of them! Is there a mask, cleanser or anything else I can try to make them disappear? I recently bought the clarisonic mia and I'm using it with philosophys purity made simple. It has helped a little, but I want these blackheads to be gone!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
super312
Answered

A couple products people seem to love and are inexpensive:

Aztec Secret Indian Healing clay, you mix it up with apple cider vinegar, which is good for your skin too. There are different recipes online including things like honey so you can tailor it to your needs and experiment.

Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask: A reviewer mentioned this one already, just a really nice fresh green clay mask.

Here is my other tip though, and bear with me. Shave your face, your whole face. Elizabeth Taylor and Marilyn Monroe did it. The little clear baby hairs on your face are a different type, and won't grow back thicker. Makeup goes on smoother and face looks brighter without them too. woman-shaving.jpg

I feel silly just writing this, but I shaved my nose. I feel like the razor kind of snagged any blackheads. Plus it preps your skin wonderfully for a peel or mask.

It really isn't that different from any other physycal/abrasive exfoliator, so give it a try, or if you want the classy version, go to a salon for dermaplaning.

Last thing, for scrubs, I prefer ones that are very finely milled (eclos makes a nice natural one wiht salt, also drugstore) or mild levels of chemicals. I'm a fan of a sample I got of Amore Pacific http://www.sephora.com/treatment-enzyme-peel-P232931?skuId=1161694 but I think it is too soon to really call. At $60, I recommend trying the $10 options first.

Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 8 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • cherryontop
    • anaa
    • super312
    • Urbie
    • MissGenny
    • dejavudu
    • sweetteeth