loveamichelle

best products for hormonal cystic acne?

What are the best products to treat hormonal cystic acne, i just started getting this a couple months back and its horrible and very painful. It is also leaving dark spot and scars on my face. I cannot cover it up, with bb cream, foundation, concealer, liquids, creams, powders you name it. I bought Mario Badescu drying lotion +buffering lotion +drying cream. It helping a bit with acne but what about the dark spots and deeper acne. If anyone has suggestions please help bc i dont like this one bit =(.

My skin is normal/sort of dry with very large pores/blackheads.

I use cleanser, toner, and moisturizer daily 2x a day

pinktorridora

Re: best products for hormonal cystic acne?

I am also suffering from hormonal acne. Here are some products that have made a difference for me:

Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Gel - this stuff has probably made the biggest difference. I apply it at night on a clean face. Use without a moisturizer.

http://www.sephora.com/invigorating-night-gel-P42330?skuId=958637

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum - hasn't done much for my active breakouts, but has lightened all my acne scars.

http://www.sephora.com/truth-serum-vitamin-c-collagen-booster-P42343?skuId=965681

Sulfur spot treatments (like Mario Badescu and my beloved KS Eradikate) are basically ineffective now, which is typical of hormonal acne. My esthetician suggested I go to Trader Joe's and get a Tea Tree Oil. It was around $6. I haven't used it yet bc the above two products have kept my skin clear.

For reference, I also use KS Detox Cleanser and KS Clarifying Toner and my Clarisonic. I haven't found a moisturizer that I love, but rotate between Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion, OH Sheer Transformation, and Boscia Revitalizing Gel.

kittichick

(0) Hearts

Well that explains why Eradikate doesn't do anything for me. Dangit.

Thanks for the info!! :smileyhappy:

pinktorridora

(0) Hearts

Yes, very sad bc it worked for YEARS! It's something about how sulfur works vs. benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, etc.

loveamichelle

(0) Hearts

Thankyou im actually thinking about buying o.h. kit. :smileyhappy: I use the truth serum and I do like it. So maybe. 

ilovebears

I would see a dermatologist if that is an option.  I spent about a year trying different products to get rid of my acne before I finally mustered up the courage to go to a doctor's office about it.  After using prescription creams and taking antibiotic pills for several months, my skin is looking a lot better (and still improving slowly).

snowshoe

I agree.  Beauty products are good to help conceal or temporarily manage problems, but a dermatologist can help with long-term control far better than over-the-counter products will.

loveamichelle

(0) Hearts

Thankyou :smileywink:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 15 hearts
  • 20 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • reflectsgold
    • anaa
    • seemee22