BellaAfia

acne/oily skin

i have very oily skin and im always breaking out. whats the best cleanser and moisturizer for me to use.

polishlover10

Re: acne/oily skin

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Fresh Soy Face Cleanser is amazing
I love the Tata Harper rebuilding moisturizer

Make sure you use sunscreen. Shiseido urban environment is great

:smileyhappy:

melissa93

(0) Hearts

Have you tried the Murad cleanser that is for acne and aging? It's really creamy and won't dry you out. I've tried everything from store brand cleansers to neutrogena to proactive and PTR, etc... This one is my favorite. It doesn't dry my skin out, my skin is so soft after using it, and best part is that my acne is more in control especially during that time of the month! It's really made a difference in my skin. You should try it out :smileyhappy:

jinxski

(0) Hearts

Depending on the type of acne you have and your age, there are many products you could try!

I suppose being gentle on your skin would be best though, so I'd recommend Boscia's Clear Complexion Cleanser. It's very effective and should help with any breakouts!

swfupload_582648526367721798.jpg

Clinique's Dramatically Different Gel is a good moisturizer to consider, but I also like Boscia's Clear Complexion one too. Their whole line of acne products is very gentle and keeps oil at bay too.

swfupload_7107855759590050448.jpg

mikkaay

(0) Hearts

try philosophy's clear days ahead.

LCResz

(0) Hearts

May I ask your age? The needs of  young skin versus more mature skin can be vastly different. Thankfully Sephora's sidebar can narrow the products that are appropriate for your age which makes picking out the right products a lot easier. In general though, Clinique's products are pretty good for all age groups!

UrbanBird77

(0) Hearts

I've battled acne for years, ironically it started after my teenage years and I seem to finally have it under control...First, go to a dermatologist. He/she will be able to give you medications that are effective and help with longterm problems. Mine really helped me, but a a bunch of over the country stuff also helped. 

1) Cleanser: Purity Made Simple with a brush. I haven't been able to afford the Clarisonic so I'm using the Olay brush. Just be careful not to over exfoliate, it can make your acne worse.

2) Moisturizer: I love the Fresh Umbrian Clay Face Lotion.

3) Sunscreen: Because the Fresh doesn't have spf you need something during the day. Neutrogena Clear Face 55 actually helps my skin.

4) Nightcream: Go with a Retinoid. It will help with the cell turnover to keep your pores clear and helps to control oil. Your dermatologist will likely perscribe one. Awesome plus is its anti-aging properties.

5) Extra exfoliating a couple of times a week: Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta peel or Peter Thomas Roth Unwrinkle Peel Pad have both been great.

6) For Breakouts: DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask. I use it off label as an overnight spot treatment.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Yes it's good. How much do you breakout?  If not much you could probably go with the Boscia Black Line also. Look at both and see which one best suits you. Hope this helps!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I would recommend Murad's Acne complex kit. It's a great kit and it's already put together so there's no confusion. It would be awesome for your skin. Hope this helps!

BellaAfia

is it good. im a bit skeptical about trying new things. but my face is just super oily and i have a little acne . i also have bad pores

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • melissa93
    • polishlover10
    • beautylovingirl
    • jinxski
    • LCResz
    • BellaAfia