kellsmuneoka

Worst breakout stories

Hey ladies,

About 2 months ago I had the worst breakout ever from my Givenchy Foundation. So many little pimples and those little suckers took forever to get rid of. I was on the brink of tears! I eventually gave up and stopped using stuff and they magically went away after 2 terrible weeks. I was wondering if any of you ladies had a terrible breakout, what product broke you out, & what made them go away.

xoxo,

Kelly 

too-much.gif

BrennaBombshell

Re: Worst breakout stories

(0) Hearts

It takes a lot to make me break out, but I recently got a sample of a toner from Exuviance in the mail. It came on a little premoistened pad in a foil, and you just rub it on your face, and then massage in the excess.

This was on Saturday.

Within two hours, my face started burning terribly, and I hadn't used any of my new products. I don't know if it was a bad combination with my oil or my moisturizer, or if I just ended up being allergic to something that was in that toner, but I ended up looking like I'd been out in the sun for a week with no sunscreen on. My face was completely burned, and I had tiny whiteheads all over my cheeks and forehead. I ended up soaking my face with hot water and steaming it, and slathering it with moisturizers, and it wasn't until Sunday night that the redness went away. I used my Fresh Umbrian Clay mask after it had calmed down, and this morning, thankfully, the whiteheads were all gone. I was terrified that I'd destroyed my skin for good, but it ended up being just a two-day ordeal. And while that may not sound like the worst thing in the world, it was definitely my official "worst break out of all time", and devastated me. I've still got a spot on my nose and a couple around my cheeks and one above my lip that are killing me, but they're easy enough to cover up. 

Sadly, I won't be trying any more Exuviance products, even though I've heard such good things about them from my friends who use their line. 

evie25202

(0) Hearts

I already have sensitive skin so I try to be careful but after seeing everyone talk about *the wonders of facial oil* I gave it a try. The tarte Maracuja oil gave me really bad cystic acne on my cheeks (4 on each side, so at least I was symmetrical). I had to make a run to my Dermatologist to have it injected with Cortisone.

My face hurt :-(

Alygal90

(0) Hearts

Just last month, I woke up with my forehead littered in little white heads. Literally, there were probably 30 or more. I'm fairly certain that it was a hormonal thing since my period showed up the next day. They were gone after a few days.

Now, more recently - the past two weeks or so, I've been getting really bad cystic acne on my cheeks, temples, forehead, and worst of all, my scalp. It hit me about two days ago I have been consuming obscene amounts of chocolate. Since then, I've ditched the chocolate and things already seem to be clearing up a bit.

4nnmarie

(0) Hearts

My worst break out in 5 years started in December and is still going :/ When I was pretty young (like 9 or 10) I developed stubborn cystic acne that got better when I started depo provera for migraines at 15. By ninteen I had clear skin since I figured out natural products work best for me. But I decided to switch birth controls because I'm concerned about low bone density and I can't start Seasonique until I get my period...I've been off the depo since November. I have cysts all over my jaw line and tiny mystery bumps everywhere :smileysad:

Mario Badescu's drying cream and buffering lotion are helping a lot and I'm also loving my mud facial exfoliater by Ahava. I just hope my skin stops freaking out when I start seasonique.

JayReed

I rarely get breakouts, but when I first tried MAC's Studio Fix Fluid it broke me out really bad. It was small cystic acne all over for about 3 weeks. I started exfoliating every other day and that helped them go away. 

Right now I think I have hormonal acne going on or something, I turn 25 in about a week and this little breakout spell has been going on for about 3 weeks, omg they will leave for like 2 days and then BAM next day I have little whiteheads and sore pimples.. ugh

algenib

My face currently looks like the moon's surface T_T

I haven't used anything different lately that I can think of so I can't figure out which one was the culprit... I'm thinking maybe it's just the temperature going back to normal (Florida and all, heat and oily faces gallore), or maybe I'm just stressed out... I hate it.tumblr_mb4ph0l93x1rziwwco1_500.gif

gongju87

(0) Hearts

This is me! I have 3 huge whoppers on the left side of my face and a few smaller on my forehead. Usually I never break out and then wham here I am. 

I think Ive narrowed it down to 2 things...one the antibiotics my doctor gave me for a sinus infection I had last week, or boscia's tsubaki (sp) oil that I got a sample of and tried out. 

I stopped the oil, and today was the last antibiotic dose, so hopefully things clear up! 

ladymeag

You know what's coming... 

upload_314170293021191596.gif

LaiceeB18

We can all just cry and hug it out.

tumblr_mf5k3cB6DD1rzhyyio4_r1_250.gif

algenib

Thank you both.

tumblr_static_sam_and_dean_hug_finale.gif

reflectsgold

It was hormonal, cystic acne on my chin and jawline that appeared overnight. They were HUGE and painful and i scheduled an emergency visit to my derm and BEGGED for accutane. Thankfully they placed me on doxy. I still suffer from 1 or 2 here and there and will be getting on spiro soon!!

pinkonyx

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

One night I was getting ready to go out, and I was doing my Make up as usual. I felt like my face was itchy so I went to look in the  mirror, and I had hives all around my eyes and cheeks. ! I think it was my make up brushes I went and bought new synthetic brushes and it hasn't happened sense, 

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

One of Hourglass's liquid foundations broke my entire face out in hives and I had a rash for a solid two weeks. The best part is that when that happens, you're not supposed to put makeup over the rash - so out you go with a rashy face. 

I swatched (and wore for a few hours) some YSL foundation for my blog two months ago. I _still_ have a rash on my arm that my derm says should go away "soon" but to give it time. 

vinga

(0) Hearts

I had the same reaction to one of Hourglass's foundations! :smileysad:

missrmessner

I sampled the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish and some Clinique Acne Gel on my chin at the same time. I had 2 very small breakouts on my chin at the time (I didn't realize they were from the Liz Earle), so I tried out the Clinique to get rid of them. Well, my chin exploded in horrible cystic bumps and whiteheads. I've been battling with it for the past 6 months, and I think *fingers crossed* I have finally cleared up the area. All I have know is some scarring, but that will fade over time. I've spent so much money on skincare products over the past 6 months, it's nauseating, and it was so frustrating when I thought something may be working, only for a new bump to form. I'm praying to the high heavens that I've actually sorted it out this time!

dollface131313

(0) Hearts

the stila color correcting primer left me with breakouts it took months to fix ughh i was so mad

kalex

(0) Hearts

I occasionally get hormonal cystic acne on my chin or jawline.  Once I had two giant cysts right at the edge of my chin and it looked like I had a cleft chin.  Sulphur treatments and mud masks can speed healing but cysts take days to heal completely no matter what.  It's been a couple of years and I still can't laugh about it.

Londonlover101

oh my fudge! is that the scrumptious "supernatural" hottie?

kellsmuneoka

(0) Hearts

YES! omg, he's adorable!

LaiceeB18

[ Edited ]

tumblr_m46o07QjrT1qaq0qf.gif

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies