lindsay311

Which product should I buy for acne scarring?

(0) Hearts

Hello. I am 21 years old and I have very bad scarring on my face from acne since puberty. I have been able to finally control my acne. I was wondering, which beauty treatments or lasers I should buy from the Sephora website to help reduce my scarring? Maybe something to use at home when I do not have time to go to a medi spa/doctor

meecheroo

Re: Which product should I buy for acne scarring?

(0) Hearts

It depends what kind of scars you have. If you have small superficial ones then products on Sephora might work, but if you have boxcar/ice pick scars, you'll have to see a dermatologist and get a laser treatment like pro fractional or something. The laser treatments can be pricey, around $1200 a treatment depending on how much surface area you want to get done, but it'll get it done with optimum results and a few days downtime.

elaine4425

(0) Hearts

For me personally, I've had a lot of luck reducing marks on my chin with Peter Thomas Roth's retinal PM serum, and the AHA/BHA serum. If I had to pick only one, I would go with the AHA/BHA serum. It's done wonders for my skin. But if you do want to include the retinol PM, just be sure to start slowly! I jumped into my routine by using it every night and was rewarded with the most awful dry, peeling skin I've ever had. 

http://www.sephora.com/aha-bha-acne-clearing-gel-P3550?skuId=1451038

http://www.sephora.com/retinol-fusion-pm-P251529?skuId=1224781

TrysBeautyItems

(0) Hearts

Retinol should be used every 3rd night, working up the skin to handle more often. Also retinol is only applied at night.

To lessen acne scars, exfoliating and using a spot corrector will also help. Clinique dark spot correct, murad rapid age spot corrector - contains a lightening ingredient. With correctors you may not see results for a couple of weeks to months of continuous use.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • TrysBeautyItems
    • meecheroo
    • elaine4425
    • lindsay311