sephoralovex

Which one should I get? HELP!

(0) Hearts

So I am kind of on a budget and I'm looking at some acne kits on Sephora. There are two that I am going back and forth on. I just cant get myself to choose one. I am leaning more with the Philosophy. But then again, a lot of people recommend Murad. Philosophy's kit include salicylic acid. As for Murad's, it includes that AND sulfur. Does sulfur help get rid of acne more?

I dont have crazy crazy acne all over my face. It's more like cystic and they're small.

Screen Shot 2013-06-03 at 12.04.48 PM.png

http://www.sephora.com/acne-complex-30-day-kit-P375135?skuId=1440841

Screen Shot 2013-06-03 at 12.04.32 PM.png

http://www.sephora.com/clear-days-ahead-30-day-acne-trial-kit-P312005?skuId=1417237

mxcx

Re: Which one should I get? HELP!

(0) Hearts

I'm glad that the Murad worked for so many people, but I actually tried it as well and it didn't work for me. I have very oily, acne-prone, blemish-prone, and congested skin. More than the not working for breakouts part, the Murad line really dried out my skin. 

Sulfur is a drying ingredient, and it's used in a lot of spot treatments like Kate Somerville's EradiKate, Mario Badescue's Drying Lotion, and Proactiv's Sulfur mask. It's a good ingredient to help dry up inflamed acne, but it can be pretty harsh on your skin, especially if you're not used to it. 

I found that the Murad cleanser was intensely cooling, the toner was super harsh and made my eyes hurt (even though I kept it away from my eyes), and the spot treatment with sulfur was very very drying. I also disliked the lotion because it had a weird, plastic-like scent to it. 

poemelyric

(0) Hearts

I've been using the Murad Treatment for the past 4 months and it's great.  I've seen dramatic changes in my skin and I don't break out as often now.  I get the 30 day kit and it's well worth the money.  The spot treatment works wonders, just use it when you feel a pimple and it's gone in a day or two.  But you have to make sure you use it for the full 30 days... it takes time and you might break out when you first start but it will clear up and your skin will look healthier.

ContentlyKayKay

(0) Hearts

What type of skin do you have? I have oily skin and debated between the Murad Acne line and Boscia Clear Complexion. I went with Boscia but ended up picking up a couple items from the Murad line! I kept the Boscia cleanser and toner but I LOVE the Murad spot treatment and Mattifier lotion. The toner was a bit too severe for my face, so I ended up returning that. But, I'd recommend trying out the Murad line. I've heard nothing but amazing things.

dlong0130

A few months ago i was debating between the same two kits and ended up choosing the Murad Kit. I am very glad i did- it really cleared up my skin and made it feel soft and healthy. I think the murad one is the best value for all the products you get! I still have some acne occasionally but i think its mostly from stress. The sulphur spot treatment does work really well and is more effective than salicylic acid spot treatments that i've tried!

sephoralovex

(0) Hearts

Are you still using any of the Murad products that came in the kit?

dlong0130

(0) Hearts

I bought the full size Mattifier (amazing) and the full size cleanser. I also ended up buying their other kit that is 60$ because it had alot of the other great products in almost full size for a great value!

ace2021

I personally use the Kate Somerville acne line and its worked wonders for my mild but stubborn acne issues. However, my brother got the Philosophy kit (well my mom bought it for him haha) and he really enjoys it and I've seen improvements in his skin as well. 

I've used the clear face wash and I found it to work really well, but it can get drying if you don't moisturize adequately. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • sephoralovex
    • poemelyric
    • ace2021
    • ContentlyKayKay
    • dlong0130
    • mxcx