Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

What would you recommend for reducing pores and acne on my chin around my nose?

Re: What would you recommend for reducing pores and acne on my chin around my nose?

Hi @carebear2929,

I really love the Estee Edit Pore Vanishing Stick. Its a stick that blurs the look of your pores and gives your skin a flawless base and makes your foundation apply so evenly. I also love it because it helped reduce the oil on my skin.

I also suggest the Murad MattEffect Blotting Perfector. It is a translucent, cushion compact that visibly minimizes the look of pores and reduces oil. It is also great for on the go and is great for touch ups through out the day. 

I hope these suggestions help! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Re: What would you recommend for reducing pores and acne on my chin around my nose?

Thank you Janean!! I really appreciate the product recommendation. Is there any cleansers or skin care products you have noticed that help to reduce these issues?

Let me know 🙂

Hi, Carebear2929!

Pore size is genetic and over-the-counter products and treatments unfortunately will not alter the size of your pores; however, keeping pores clean and free of congestion can certainly have them appear more diminished and contribute to overall healthier skin. Since the t-zone (forehead, nose, and chin) tend to be where pores are more visible and where oil production tends to be heaviest, being sure you're properly cleansing and moisturizing daily will be the key basics. By not efficiently cleansing, you're allowing excess oil to build up and combine with dirt, pollutants, and environmental aggressors to irritate skin and congest pores which leads to blemishes. By not properly moisturizing, this can either lead to skin becoming dehydrated or overcompensating for the lack of using a moisturizing by having skin over-produce oil in hopes to stay hydrated. This over-production can lead to skin becoming oilier quicker, that oil disrupting makeup wear and appearance, and also contributing to more frequent breakouts.

How many blemishes are you experiencing along the nose and chin region on average in a month? Are you noticing it's more blackheads that you're experiencing, whiteheads/pustular blemishes, or ones that are red and feel "under" the skin to where they can sometimes feel tender or swollen?

Can you detail out what your skin care regimen currently entails so we can see what aspects may need to be altered or what products may fit in well with the existing line up?

Hi!

When it comes to my blemishes i find it is 1-3 on my chin and one of them tends to become rather large and just stays red, swollen and tender but never becomes a 'pimple'.

On my nose I tend to nose I have larger pores there so once to twice a week I use the Bior Pore strips on my nose.

Currently I am cleansing my face with Body Shop Tea Tree Oil face wash or Elore Naturals dead sea mud soap bar and that is at morning and night. I also tend to alternate with a mask once to twice a week and that could be a charcoal mask, tea tree mask from the body shop and another mask from Skin Essences and occassionally I will use tea tree oil as a spot treatment on acne flare ups.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing