Answer
nessmbaby
Accepted Solution
What works best for acne scars (holes) and minimizing large pores?
What works best for healing & concealing depressed acne scars and something to minimize large pores? Xoxo
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
strmysony
Answered

You can try a glycolic peel to smooth out the skin and minimize pores, I like Ren's Glycolactic Peel. This will lessen the appearance of rough skin, but for icepick scars, you may need something more intensive such as microdermabrasion, laser treatments, and chemical peels.

As a temporary fix, you can use products to give the appearance of clear skin. Moisturizers/serums that stimulate collagen production may help. Also you can try hd powders, primers and pore reducing products, used on scarring these can minimize their appearance. I like MUFE HD powder, but there are several others, I also have liked Clinique's pore minimizing cream. There are several primers out there that fill in the pores, and possibly icepick scarring. I have some of these scars too, and this is what I use. Hope this helps.

Answers: 3
lisaboo
Answered
(0) Hearts

i have some minor scars bio oil improves them but i dont know about the hole sorry and for  pores benefit have a good product or as i do  just splash cold water  like marilyn monroe just did 15  splashes:smileyhappy:

tenngal
Answered
(0) Hearts

As the other post suggested, facial peels will help a little with acne scarring, but if you have really deep acne scarring then the only thing that will truly help is to see a Dermatologist to get a professional-strength peel or some other type of treatment.

However, enlarged pores is another story. :smileyhappy: There are products that can help reduce the size and disguise them, too.

A very good foundation primer to disguise enlarged pores is NARS Skin Smoothing Face Prep which is designed to minimize the appearance of fine lines and pores with just one application.  You can find it at:  http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=PQGX0KPNMULQCCV0KSGAX0Q?id=P261210&categoryId=B70

Another makeup product to help disguise enlarged pores is Too Faced Amazing Face Oil-Free Close-Up Coverage Foundation which is a very lightweight foundation that visibly reduces the appearance of pores and fine lines by diffusing and reflecting light.  It is skin-smoothing and gives the illusion of airbrushed skin.  You can read all about it at:  http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=PIYRWKFATILUACV0KSGAX0Q?id=P277303&categoryId=B70

To help reduce the size of your pores (and not just disguise them) I would recommend Perricone MD Intensive Pore Minimizer which is designed to address enlarged pores caused by active oil glands, dirt, wax, or chronological aging.  You can find it at:  http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P259938&categoryId=B70

I hope this helps you.  :smileyhappy:

anaa
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have several serious acne scars, including the dreaded "icepick" type; there is no product available over the counter that will eliminate this type of scar, so please don't waste your money on any that claim to.  You can minimize them with a primer that kinda fills them in and by using makeup, but no product is going to make them disappear.  As far as visible pores, the thing that I have tried that has made mine less noticeable is the Clarisonic Mia.  Products that contain salicylic and glycloic acid help with keeping pores exfoliated also.  Neutogena makes a toner that contains both.   It's a continous ongoing process with our kind of skin, not something you can do once and be done with.  Good news is that other issues like wrinkles and aging aren't as big of a problem!:smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • strmysony
    • anaa
    • nessmbaby
    • lisaboo