YoungKareBear

What kind of foundation would be the best for someone with oily skin?

My skin breaks out a lot especially throughout the day when its summer or just hot in general. What foundation brand would you guys recommend? 

BeautyIsPassion

Re: What kind of foundation would be the best for someone with oily skin?

I have minor blemishes and in general just cant stand how foundation seem to sit on the surface of my skin. I recently invested in with the help of fellow insiders the smasmashbox bb cream and Laura mercier tinted moisturizer. Dont be fooled by the terms bb and tinted. Ibfind they have amazing coverage if you dont have alot to hide. They are both light weight and control my oil and my tzone gets really oily.  

BeautyIsPassion

I suffer from breakouts as well and ive found the more your skin can breathe, the better. Stick with something light and cover blemishes with concealer theb finish off setting with a tinted powder for look of coverage 

BuxomBabe80

Lari and Andy took the words right outta my mouth! I used MUFE Mat Velvet+ for years because it worked pretty well for my oily skin. But I would still end up oily looking toward the the of the day even when using a good primer. But I'm a recent convert to the Hourglass Immaculate foundation. I prime with Hourglass Veil Mineral primer and I don't even have to set with powder. It stays beautiful all day. I also really like Tarte's 12 Hour Amazonian Clay foundation. It has a mousse like consistency and lasts pretty well with my oily skin. 

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

The Estee Lauder Double Wear is amazing for controlling oil and for hot weather. It will not move at all. It has medium to full coverage, but it leans towards full coverage. It has a matte finish, but it won't look dry or cakey. If you're not used to the feeling of foundation, it can feel heavy. But if you're used to wearing foundation all the time, then it will feel fine. I wore this foundation to Disneyland in the summer and it DID NOT BUDGE at all. I was really happy with it. The only problem I had with it was that it can have a slight grey/white cast in flash photography with the darker colors. 

LariTheLoud

Hourglass Immaculate Liquid to Powder Foundation, hands down. It's a fantastic foundation for oily skin, it feels feather-light, and it leaves you with a beautifully velvety finish to the skin. It is about a medium coverage foundation. I've never had a problem with foundation melting off or separating during the day. Just make sure you blend it in sections, because it sets pretty fast!

Other foundations worth trying are Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet+ (this is quite a matte finish, and you will need to add dimension back into your face with bronzer/blush/highlighter, and I find it feels heavier on the skin than Hourglass. It is medium to full coverage.), Lancome Teint Idole Ultra and Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation Light. I don't have experience trying out the Lancome or Estee Lauder foundations, but I'm sure there are many here who can tell you more about them!

This foundation is also relatively new, but I've heard great buzz about the Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet foundation. Ask your chanel counter for a sample!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • BuxomBabe80
    • LariTheLoud
    • andyhtrieu
    • BeautyIsPassion
    • YoungKareBear