1cros3nail4givn

What is your favorite gentle cleanser?

(0) Hearts
Hey there! I'm looking for a new cleanser..... Okay and a moisturizer, and whatever else I need for a good skincare routine.
However, let's stick to cleansers right now
2 major things: derm says it has to be gentle with my acne prone skin and that it also cannot be medicated probably because she already has me taking a prescription pill for my acne and 2 treatment gels already.
What I want: something I can use with my Clarasonic so no tonics and I want my overall skincare routine to focus on making my skin glowy and more radiant but still non-medicated. :smileyvery-happy:
sundaespal

Re: What is your favorite gentle cleanser?

I'd never heard of this cleanser before. I'll have to try it!

1cros3nail4givn

Awesome! A beauty consultant at sephora also recommended the FAB to me. It's definitely on my list of cleansers to try.

lovelyred139

(0) Hearts

I quite like the Korres Milk Proteins Foaming Cream Cleanser.  Even though it has the word "foaming" in it, it's soap-free, so it's not stripping in the slightest -- incredibly gentle and I love it for dry skin, which I remember being a consistent issue back when I used prescription acne gels (I still shudder to remember all the flaking that went on).  I'm the rare bird who couldn't stand Cetaphil -- I didn't feel like it actually washed my face -- and I wish Korres' Milk Proteins Cleanser had been available to me when I was having such problems with my skin.

1cros3nail4givn

(0) Hearts

awesome! Yeah I have the same problem the the prescription acne gels I'm using now.....are they suppose to make your face peel and burn or is that something to talk to my derm about changing?

lovelyred139

(0) Hearts

I definitely experienced peeling and burning -- it's a pretty typical side effect, unfortunately.  Most medical professionals are going to try to convince you to stick with any regimen for at least a month before switching you to something else, but you can also try using the gels as a spot treatment for a day or two instead of all over, just to give the inflamed parts of your face a rest.

1cros3nail4givn

(0) Hearts

Yeah I ended up calling my derms office and they told me to try alternating them till my skin gets use to them. We will see how that goes.

MissNatari

I battled acne for the better part of my adolescence. I took all the regular antibiotics... minocycline, tetracycline, erythromycin, the list goes on. I have also used every single acne product on the market it seems like. Finally, my dermatologist and I decided Accutane was the way to go. I took it twice with 6 months in between. During all of this, I used tons of over the counter washes, creams, etc. I have found that there are 2 things gentle enough to use on my skin then, and I still use them now because I have dry skin.

#1!! I love Cetaphil's cleanser. It doesn't foam very much, and it is super gentle. (I also love Cetaphil's moisturizers and have even used the therapeutic hand cream when my skin has been really dry). The whole line is non-comedogenic so it won't clog your pores.

cetaphil.pngcet2.pngcetaphil2.png

# 2!!! Purpose. I still use this cleanser as well as the moisturizer. purpose.JPGpurposelotion.jpg

All of Purpose's products are again non-comedogenic. Allure magazine has listed both of these lines in their 'Best of Beauty' lists. 

Good luck with everything and I hope this helps!

beauty39

I have oily sensitive skin that can be acne prone when it gets irritated and I've been using Clarins gentle foaming cleaner with my Clarisonic every other day with no problems.

roxystar4

I like the Shiseido Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam 

http://www.sephora.com/the-skincare-extra-gentle-cleansing-foam-P173632

But you can probably find it at TJMaxx for $20 (or sometimes it's in the sale section for $16).  I have a few in my storage for back up.

I also love Origins Checks & Balances.

lilahtov

(0) Hearts

Hey, that's the one iiii mentioned above! :smileytongue: Great minds must think alike!

quotidianus

(0) Hearts

i was a neutrogena girl, but it didn't work for my son and his skin was really bothering him. i went back to a soap i'd used on occasion, lanolin-ägg-tvål. it's a swedish lanolin and egg white soap, super fine, and you can use it every day. you can also, once or twice a week, leave it on to dry for about five minutes then remove with a soft, damp washcloth. that, along with some lifestyle adjustments, worked really, really well for him.

cheers!

caperella

My dermatologist gave me samples of Cetaphil years ago and it's what I've used ever since. It's super gentle, fragrance free, and non irritating as well as affordable. :smileyhappy:

yazmin

I have acne prone skin and oily skin as well, I am currently using and in love with Philosophy's Purity cleanser, it removes everything, I haven't had a problem with breakouts it is amazing. I was able to buy them during the Black Friday sale and next year I would be getting more. Then again not everything works with everybody you might want to try samples first rather than going out and buying a full size cleanser and not being able to return it (drugstore).

Clakent

(0) Hearts

At the moment my favorite is the cleanser and moisturizer from the Monsia skin renewal system. Very natural and very gentle for skin. It's also anti aging and protecting.

Jandi

(0) Hearts

I am in love with the Nude Skincare Perfect Cleansing Oil. I have tzone problems, acne prone skin, and everything turns my face red. This is so soothing. It removes my makeup and moisturizers in one step. I also use it with my clarisonic. Word to the wise-this product gets a bit milky when you add water but don't expect it to foam. Oh, did I mention how wonderful and light the scent is?

PinkQ

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Cetaphil is probably one of the best drugstore cleansers I've tried. However, my favorite cleanser is still Fresh Soy Face cleanser. It's super gentle but works amazing! :smileyhappy:

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

philosophy purity made simple is very gentle and with the clarisonic it removes everything. I've used acne topicals after using this and no problems. Other gentle brands, Origins and Ren.

lilahtov

(0) Hearts

I have extremely sensitive skin, so I feel your pain in trying to find a good cleanser that checks all the boxes...non-irritating but still effective, no terrible smell, etc...my best recommendation is Shiseido's Extra Gentle Cleanser. It leaves my skin feeling SO clean (but not tight), and the light scent that it does have it very pleasant and doesn't linger. It is reasonably priced for the amount of product you get, too, and it foams up really nicely (it is a cream cleanser.)

Cordelia76

(0) Hearts

I found Philosophy's Purity Made Simple to be very mild and gentle.  Not sure that it alone would improve skin radiance, but it's a great, basic little cleanser.

prosopon

Cetaphil and Cerave are both great for sensitive skin.  Both brands have foaming and non-foaming versions depending on your skin type (dry to oily).  I personally mix a pump of each (foaming and non-foaming) and I can gently remove my makeup without stripping the natural oils from my face.

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

I have sensitive skin and like the following for non-irritating and non-stripping:

Freeze 24/7 Cleanser - Foaming (in the green bottle).  It's fun it foams like shaving cream :smileyhappy:.

Aveda Enbrightenment (the whole line) 

Algenist Gentle Rejuv. Cleanser

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 46 replies
  • 22 hearts
  • 29 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • prosopon
    • cherrybombtastic