Ider

What is best for acne scars on buttocks?

I get infected hair follicles that end up leaving marks...help! Sometimes they start as small pimples then get bigger and hurt after awhile and either become white heads or blackheads that I can pop or they dry up, either way I am left with a mark. Some marks are from boil like pimples I've busted but sometimes they come back, same place. This has happened on and off for 7 years or so...really would LOVE to have my clear butt back!!!!

Tevali

Re: What is best for acne scars on buttocks?

(0) Hearts

41B0bvHOMoL.jpgI agree that exfoliation is key.  I had a serious butt acne problem before I tried Butt Acne Clearing Lotion.  I was a skeptical purchaser but the results won me over quickly. You definitely need a product with gentle exfoliation because the scrubbing method can be quite irritating.  PTR would go great in combination,  I think.  All PTR products are great -- gentle and effective.  I also wonder if Dr. Dennis Grossmen's alpha beta peal pads would work?  Those are quite expensive though.  

dianabt

Hi Ider, 

I'd suggest a cleansing body wash that helps with acne and breakout (or even the blocked follicles) and that contains a glycolic acid to help exfoliate the skin:

PTR Blemish Buffing Beads for Face & Body

swfupload_7505153236259082850.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/blemish-buffing-beads-for-face-body-P186207?skuId=1009406

As for brightening and fading the scars just keep up with the exfoliating to remove the damaged skin cells and your complexion on your derriere should be back to normal soon! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
ChicDabbler

Hmmm, if they come back....do you use a body scrub? it sounds like blocked follicles and a body scrub or a glycolic body wash might help.

As for fixing scarring. Not quite the same but I have a stab wound on my knee (ok that sounds kind of wild, it's from arts&craft) when I was little. I used Kate Somerville D-scar on the big old scar and after a month I was able to see some difference. It should help with acne too.

http://www.sephora.com/d-scar-scar-diminishing-serum-P377368

Ider

(0) Hearts

That makes sense, the follicles being blocked...I dont really use a "scrub" that's what I'm looking for, something to wash with and a follow up that will lighten the spots...the breakouts are a little more rare but the scars make it difficult!!

Thank you!!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • ChicDabbler
    • Ider
    • Tevali
Photos2
  • swfupload_7505153236259082850.jpg
  • 41B0bvHOMoL.jpg