kaitepop96

What is a good night moisturizer for oily acne prone skin?

I've tried just about everything from the drug store and it never fails to leave little whites heads all over my face. The ones that take forever to go away and are impossible to pop. Recently I tried REN's ClearCalm 3 Replenishing Night Serum, which was decent and left my skin breakout free, but it seems like there are better products out there that cost the same amount ($30) or less.  

DTalksAll

Re: What is a good night moisturizer for oily acne prone skin?

(0) Hearts

I think it's supposed to be use UNDER your acne treatments. So use a light, thin layer of ClearCalm 3 serum, your BP spot treatment & then moisturizer. Unless, your spot treatment is supposed to go over your moisturizer, then Serum, Moisturizer, BP. 

CaitlinBrunson

(0) Hearts

Are you talking about milia or papules/pustules? Of all skin issues, whiteheads are pretty easy to treat! I would try and stay away from mineral oil at all times, it clogs your pores and is non-permeable to the skin (a layer that cannot be absorbed in the skin) Try and stay away from any irritating or inflammatory ingredients. This is especially important in moisturizer because it stays on the skin, unlike cleaners which are rinsed off.

I would try Boscia's Oil-Free Nightly Hydration - Its $6 more but I didn't think that was too much out of your price range. This stuff is fragrance free and the ingredients are perfect for your skin! (Lightweight, soothes the skin, anti-irritant ingredients, and anti-oxidants. The packaging will also shield any sun interaction and any bacteria from entering the product (like through a jar)

If you want a drugstore product, try to Olay Pro X Deep Wrinkle. Don't freak out with the anti-aging wrinkle thing. This stuff is amazing in terms of ingredients and has more cell turnover properties. 

brittany0859

(0) Hearts

I really like Origins Make A Difference Rejuvenating Treatment. It's a really really light moisturizer so only get it if your skin never gets dry or you don't need much moisture. There's also a lotion version (not available at Sephora, but you can get it at Origins) and a cream, but that's probably too heavy for you. I use the treatment in the mornings and it doesn't mess with my makeup and makes your skin feel really smooth and soft

reflectsgold

(0) Hearts

i like josie maran argan daily moisturizer spf 40

pearlgirl7

(0) Hearts

Hi kaitepop96. I have been looking at REN's ClearCalm for awhile, but I am always nervous to try something new and have it break me out. Maybe I will have to check it out though. It's more expensive than the REN, but I really enjoy Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation. It is the only night moisturizer I have ever bought more than one container of because it doesn't break me out. Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions (more or less expensive) because everything else has broken me out eventually.

kaitepop96

(0) Hearts

I think you'd enjoy ClearCalm, it can't be used in place as an acne treatment but it really helped with the little pesky bumps and calmed down some inflamed acne I had. The only thing that really disappointed me about it is that I assumed where it was a serum it would be highly concentrated, but it is more like a heavy cream. I use it over a benzyl peroxide treatment so I need to use about twice the amount regularly needed which is getting kind of pricey for me. I'll definitely look into the Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation though, I got a cc cream sample from them that I absolutely loved a while back!      

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 6 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • reflectsgold
    • pearlgirl7
    • brittany0859
    • kaitepop96
    • CaitlinBrunson