Answer
Accepted Solution
What foundation is best for acne prone, oily skin?
(0) Hearts

I have very oily skin. I also have very sensitive, acne prone skin. What foundation, concealer, and bronzer should I use? 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have the exact same skin as you described. I use Bare Minerals and it has transformed my skin, for the better! When I was 16 I got horrible acne, not just any acne but cystic acne. Since than, my biggest concern is acne scarring that I try to cover (I am now 21). I cam across Bare Minerals and not only does it cover acne scarring and/or breakouts it is SO natural looking. The coverage is buildable, so if one day you want sheer coverage you have that or you can get full coverage. It also does not break me out, if anything my skin looks better since I have been using Bare Minerals. 

Bare Minerals makes an original foundation OR a Matte Foundation. I can use both but I LOVE the matter formula because it really does help with oil control. As for concealer, you can use the regular foundation and use a concealer brush and it works great as a concealer. I also though for under my eyes use Benefits Erase Paste. It is a wonderful concealer. Not only does it make the imperfection(s) you are trying to conceal look flawless but it also brightens the area, which is great. You can also you Erase paste on acne/imperfections, not just for under the eyes. 

As for Bronzer, I personally do not use bronzer much, but I do own a few and they are from Bare Minerals. They have a few selections for bronzers. 

Hope this helps!

Answers: 6
Answered

I used to use Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder but it melts from my face in several hours after application. I also tried BE Original Foundation with the same result (even with BE Prime Time Oil Free(it rolls over my face O___o)). Now I use Dior X4 Control Compact Foundation (not on Sephora web site), It is pore refining and waterproof and is stays pretty long (with a Make up forever HD Microperfecting Primer). I like it because it doesn't clog my pores and controls oil. I do some minor touch ups after lunch but It doesnt bother me and I still really like it. I definetly recommend to try it.

Answered

I have the same issues with my skin and I recently stumbled on to a miracle worker. Murad has started making a matte finish primer and it works flawlessly, keeping the oil away for an extensive period of time. My regimen includes the three step Bliss No Zit Sherlock kit, which has also done amazing things for my skin; within the first use my skin was softer and healthier looking. My zits are healing up, and, let me tell you, I have THE WORST skin ever. I would also like to add that I also use Bare Minerals foundation. It goes on perfectly over top of the Murad matte-finish primer. Note: the Primer does have a tint to it, so it may provide sheer coverage if that is all that is desired, though the coverage that it provides is minimal.

Answered
(0) Hearts

Make Up Forever's HD Invisible Cover Foundation gives me great coverage and doesn't make me break out. I have never had success with Bare Minerals, sadly.

Answered
(0) Hearts

HI!!! I really really really reccommend makeup forever Mat velvet +. My skin is super oily and acne prone too ,and that foundation along with bobbi brown creamy concealer, tarte amazonian clay powder and cheek stain, and languna bronzer makes for a happy camper :smileyhappy:

Answered
(0) Hearts

Hey :smileyhappy:

I have combination skin but my ~T ~ area tends to get a lil more oily.  I love Bare Minerals foundation because it never clogs my pores and it keeps the oils to a minimum.

its even more important that you have a cleasing regimen though. I use Murad acne complex the face wash is awesome and the moisturizer is even better!  Good luck.

Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Try Judith August EraseZit pencil.

Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 10 in conversation