Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!

It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons. 

DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs. 

Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it. 

phoenix

So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 

Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

Hope they don't mess it up!

the mist.jpg

@lyravega I just realized this is a completely different story than The Fog. I've spent 35 years conflating the two. Oops! I would definitely be interested in checking this out.

Midsomer Murder! Perfect for my staycation 😉 Watching while doing chores lol

@blackkitty2014 Aww my mom & I used to watch that together! I think we got up to season 16 before we stopped- we'll have to get back into it, thanks 🙂

I'm only at season 4. It is slow but it is what I call quality television 😉

Just finished watching Pretty Little Liars! I've been watching it since it came out which I feel like was early high school for me. Anybody else feel a little empty now that it's finally over? I'm glad that we finally found out everything though! 😄 

@MarieBeee Same! Although I am a little older it started when I was in college---my Tuesdays will be very empty without it---I feel like even when it got totally crazy or didn't make sense I was still hooked---now I need a new guilty pleasure show. 

@Kim888 yes, I need another guilty pleasure show! Luckily I have a lot of things on my list on Netflix haha

My bf loves the Great British Bake Off/Baking Show and I enjoy it enough to watch with him. I just realized they released another season here in the US. We're on episode 3 of season 7, and I'm OBSESSED with Candice's lipstick choices already. I kind of fell in love with her for wearing a vampy plum in the first episode, but now I almost look forward to seeing what lipstick she is going to wear more than the actual competition. I did a search to see if I was the only one totally in to her lipstick choice and obviously, I'm not. I did come across some spoilers, so be warned if you look up her lipstick looks, you might find out more than you bargained for. But man, I do love a bold lip. She also bakes in heels, which I just find amazing.

@snoflakefaerie I love that show! And I also watched that season, agree about Candice's lipstick 🙂

Instead of packing or getting some sleep I just had to watch the PLL finale and now I don't know how to feel.

@Tamara76 & other viewers, thoughts??

@ElleElleG  It sucked IMO.

If they wanted that person to be A, they should of had that person in more of the back story and tied into the previous seasons. Terrible and rushed.

Back to black orphan!

I agree!   @luvgloss13 and @ElleElleG

I also wish Uber A had been injected into earlier seasons - it just felt like an after thought at the end -  you called it luvgloss! 

I wasn't particularly happy with it either @luvgloss13!  Last week's episode felt like a finale and I think I was still discombobulated from that.  The last 30 minutes could've easily made 3+ quality episodes & contributed greatly to the story line.

@ElleElleG it is so sad when you really like a show and are invested in it and get let down.  Very very discombobulated! Mona was the best A. 

I kept hoping that...

Spoiler
...it would turn out that Charles/CeCe had an evil twin who turned out to be Uber A...

I literally had to Google PLL family tree because I kept getting confused about which people were siblings vs. cousins.  lol! 🙂

@ElleElleG   @luvgloss13

LOL @Tamara76

I have just as many questions now than I did before the finale.

Spoiler
I expected Mona but was she just suffering from multiple personalities?
Or even Lucas.  

Withholding the Hasting/DeLaurentis family trees made sense but they should've divoluged more of CeCe & AD's relationship, when AD took over, Mary Drake's involvement every step of the way, etc.

@ElleElleG  Agree 100%! 

On a positive note:

Spoiler
I thought Troian Bellisario did a super cute British accent.  However, the Wren diamond totally skeeved me out...

@Tamara76 Yes the diamond was silly. How did she have time to make it? LOL.

Spencer is my fav .next to Mona.

I am sad the show is over and I need a new mystery girlie show to watch. 🙂

@Tamara76 @luvgloss13

The diamond was a little excessive considering how the entire ending was rushed.

Style-wise Aria was my fave but I was annoyed with her antics later in the final season.  Loved Emily's personality (+ Shay is freaking gorgeous)

Haven't watched yet!   Spent the day trying to avoid spoilers, so hopefully I'll watch tonight!   @ElleElleG

1 Reply
testing