Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!

It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons. 

DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs. 

Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it. 

phoenix

So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 

Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

@blackkitty2014 love House of Cards.  The seasons are never long enough.  Game of Thrones!  Soon!!!! Ugh can't wait.

Haha, I'm also waiting for Game of Thrones. And Orange is the New Black. And I need to start the new season for Veep and The Handmaid's Tale when I find the time. 

So many shows to look forward to in the coming months. 😄

upload_3576964519911486691.jpg

😄

Also

Image result for american gods bowie gif

upload_2099756421474142073.gif

upload_6762546160644319806.gif

Image result for american gods shadow moon gif

I love Gillian Anderson! Ricky Whittle ( Lincoln! ) is ehm not bad himself... 😉

Loving this show so much!

@lyravega @annekevdb Wow, I forgot about this one, too. I've only watched the first 3 episodes, but it was so good!

@ohheyitscindyk  Yes, it was! But, way too short! Hopefully the new season will be longer! Ya hear me TV gods?!!!

I have been watching (and rewatching) a show called Crazy Ex-Girlfriend! I looove it. I airs on the CW and it's on NETFLIX. I don't think it's that popular or well known, but it has won a few Emmys and a Golden Globe. I love how clever and funny the show is. also it's set up like a musical, so if you like musicals I recommend it!

I LOVE Crazy Ex-Girlfriend! I had like the first 5 episodes on my DVR when it first came out and I was just going to delete them because I couldn't remember why I wanted to record them in the first place. I ended up watching them all in a row and have been watching it ever since!

I love that show! I'm not caught up on all of season 2 yet though. The songs are not only catchy, but relevant!

LOGO has been running reruns of SOAP and I've been recording them all. I LOVE this show so much!

It was way ahead of its time and so not politically correct but oh so funny.

Jessica Tate is probably one of the funniest tv moms of all time. And the family is one of the craziest. 

I wish it lasted longer. Supposedly, it was so out-there, with every season, more advertisers dropped out and it ended before it should have ended. 

I'm so happy I can watch the reruns somewhere.

I've been watching the Mini Series When We Rise and highly recommend it to anyone interested in the struggles the LGBT community has endured - even among themselves over the past 40 years. It is eye opening and not whitewashed like many made for tv "informative" shows are. I can't wait to watch the finale tomorrow night.

These are just some of many...

Currently watching:

• Taboo
  • It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
  • Silicon Valley (I know, I'm late)

Coming back:

• Peaky Blinders (Cillian Murphy + Tom Hardy = YES!)
  • Preacher
  • Better Call Saul (4/10!)
  • House of Cards (5/30 wah so far away)
  • Game of Thrones
  • Black Mirror

Coming soon:

• Making History (2/27)
  • The Handmaid's Tale (4/26)

Rewatching when nothing else is on (rarely):

• Malcolm in the Middle (I've only really seen reruns)
  • The Wrong Mans
  • Quick Draw

... Evidently I have too much time on my hands.

The Wrong Mans! Season 1 was funny, but I somehow totally forgot this show existed. I still have yet to watch S2, thanks for the reminder!

@dyslexia Yay I'm glad to know another BTer has seen it! My boyfriend was a little skeptical of the premise, but then he kept queuing up more episodes 😄

@ohheyitscindyk Oooh you have some great ones on your list. Based on what you've mentioned, I think you'd like Spy on Hulu as well. 

@alexasteph OMG I loved that show!! I was so sad there wasn't a third season 😞 Thank you for reminding me, now I know what I'll be doing this weekend haha! 😄

@ohheyitscindyk I wish there was more too! Okay, I have on you maybe haven't seen? Moone Boy, also on Hulu.  That one has 3 seasons. 

@alexasteph Oh I just thought of another show- have you seen Other Space? That's another one that I'm hoping will have another season 🙂

Edit: And Happy Endings!! Another show gone too soon 😞

@alexastephWas Moone Boy depressing? I was gonna start watching it, but we just made the grievous error of watching a movie on Netflix called Cavalry partly b/c it had Chris O'Dowd in it and, while half of it was a fantastic film, the other half was one of the most depressing and awful movies I have ever seen, rife with utterly irredeemable characters and really just painting a bleak, bleak world. (Had to binge a couple eps of Archer afterwards to erase the badness out of my brain.)

I wanna start Moone Boy, but my husband won't forgive me if it's also depressing, he hated Cavalry so much.

@dyslexia It's not depressing at all!! It's one of the most adorable shows I've seen in a long time. 

@alexasteph Ahh I remember watching the trailer for it, but then I forgot about it.. And yay three seasons! Thank you! 🙂

1 Reply
testing