atlalka

What acne products/tools are good for my skin?

I have oily skin in my t zone, some hyper pigmentation, black heads in my t zone like there's no tomorrow :smileysad:, and some blemishes. 

I used to use the proactiv sets but it was just too harsh.
I also tried the body shop's tea tree oil kit but it wasn't very helpful.

My skin can dry out quickly (rare, but horrible when it does) and be sensitive to some products, I was thinking of trying a clarisonic- but not sure what products to use with it?

Thanks in advanced!

jennypenny1995

Re: What acne products/tools are good for my skin?

Murad is really good, but it can be expensive per ounce.  You'll want to NOT use the Clairsonic because it will probably aggravate your skin, make it more sensitive, and make it produce more oil to compensate/heal the irritation.  Because my husband is finishing his MBA and I'm trying SO hard to be cost-effective for now, I'm migrating over to Clinique's 3-step as I run out of my cherished Renee Rouleau.  You'll want an alcohol-free toner (their lowest end toner), a milk cleanser that is sulfate-free, and an oil-free moisturizer.  Keep your hands away from those clogged pores, too!  I agree: Stick to a routine once you find something that actually works. (Reason #2 I'm going back to Clinique.  It worked for me!)

fashionista106

(0) Hearts

When my skin was really acting up, I started on the Clinique regimen, and it worked wonders for my skin! Because I now live in a desert climate and am 20 years older (although, thankfully my skin doesn't look it!) I don't use the Clinique soap anymore, I do still use the toner every day. Not to sound like a snob, but drug store/lower end products probably will not help you. Try not to switch products too fast or too often. Lastly, eat as healthy as you can and drink A LOT of water!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Absolutely the Murad kit to clear your skin and keep it clear.

cherrybombtastic

I would say try Murad because it worked for me for the longest time. I would caution, though, that the cleanser can be drying overtime. To this day, I still use Murad's Skin Perfecting Lotion and I added the Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15 in my regimen in recent years. If by some chance Murad doesn't work for you, I would try DERMAdoctor. By the way, Murad is known for its strong purging period, so if your skin looks really bad for a week or two, I would stick it out. It takes 6 weeks to work depending on your skin. I hope this helps and good luck!

laurabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Atlalka, I would recommend trying the Murad Acne Complex® 30-Day Kit.  This collection diminishes redness, refines and softens skin texture, controls oil, and absorbs pore clogging dirt and oil.

Murad Acne Complex® 30-Day Kit.jpg

http://bit.ly/13Yw5M3

Also, the Kate Somerville Blemish Banisher Kit is great for eliminating acne and preventing new breakouts.  :smileyhappy: -Laura

Kate Blemish Banisher Kit.jpg

http://bit.ly/11vxDrM

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • jennypenny1995
    • beautylovingirl
    • laurabt