kalex

Turmeric for cystic acne

(0) Hearts

I'm battling a giant cyst on my chin at the moment and was reading reviews of Renee Rouleau's Anti-Cyst Treatment on an acne site when one reviewer mentioned Turmeric as being an effective treatment.  I searched Turmeric on the site and sure enough, there's a ton of 4 and 5 star reviews for it.

Some people swear by taking it orally (either in capsule form or tea) and others mentioned making masks or a spot treatment with either yogurt or honey.  (I'd prefer to try topical treatment as turmeric also reportedly lightens scaring.)  Of course, none of those reviewers posted actual amounts (ratio of turmeric to honey etc).

Have any of you tried this?  Have a recipe that's simple (some recipes online call for weird ingredients) and works?

lylysa

Re: Turmeric for cystic acne

Though turmeric is quite a hefty and effective natural remedy used globally for addressing issues like brightening/evening the skin tone and even for acne prone skin, since it's cystic acne you're battling, I would recommend consulting with a doctor and professional before starting any type of treatment or change in your skin care or even diet routine.

Turmeric is a natural antiseptic and has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which means it can help keep acne sites void of bacteria, introduce vitamins to the skin, and help with soothing redness that may be associated with blemishes.

Spot treatments with  honey and yogurt combine the basic principles of honey also being a natural antiseptic and humectant (which binds healthy moisture to skin) and yogurt being packed with lactic acid, a gentle alpha hydroxy acid which helps to promote brighter and more radiant skin by increasing the rate of healthy cell turnover.

If you are shopping for turmeric, regular types will stain skin temporarily, so be sure to seek kasturi tumeric, which will not stain. This type is also not edible, so do not incorporate it into food or for digestible treatments.

kalex

Re: Turmeric for cystic acne

Thanks for the advice on the kasturi turmeric!  I spent a ridiculous amount of my morning looking at recipes and reading reviews.  A lot of them mentioned the skin staining but no one mentioned the kasturi.

I'm already on Spiro as a treatment for my hormonal cystic acne which is the main reason I'm not going to try to take the turmeric as a supplement.  I figured using it as a mask or spot treatment wouldn't hurt though.

Thanks again!

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • kalex
    • lylysa