Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Thank you Sephora and Sol de Janeiro!

I just want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH to Sephora and Sol de Janeiro for sending me the original Brazilian Bum Bum Cream and the new Acai Body Power Cream au gratis! I have never tried the Bum Bum Cream but have heard amazing things, and am so excited to have the chance to try the new version as the same time. They both smell quite nice! The Bum Bum Cream is slightly tropical but in no way overpowering, and the Acai Body has a fresh, almost pine, sweet forest scent. Both are in no way greasy. I think these will make a nice addition to my body care collection!

Sol Janeiro.JPG

Re: Thank you Sephora and Sol de Janeiro!

I'm glad to hear you were selected for gratis as well @angel7594 ๐Ÿ™‚ Enjoy! 

Thank you! โค

Congrats @angel7594 keep us posted about how theses perform ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you! ๐Ÿ™‚

Congrats @angel7594! what do you think of the scent of the Acai version? 

@kso1225 Thank you! The scent of the Acai is very fresh in my opinion, I prefer it over the original. The fragrance notes (from the Sol De Janeiro website) are:

Top: Acai, Tagette

Mid: Pink Freesia, Fresh Rose

Dry: Peach Nectar, Musks

Has anyone tried their lip balm? Congrats on your gift angel7594!!

Thank you! ๐Ÿ™‚

I have and I was sort of disappointed by it. I mean it feels great and all, but I was hoping it smelled like the bum bum cream or something similarl. It says it's dolce de leche scent, but to me it's like a faint sort of coco butter scent. I got the new bite agave balm last week and it's thicker, a little more moisturizing, and has a vanilla smell just like the mask. I'm a lip balm hoarder so it may just be me being super finicky, but to someone sensitive to scents it could be great for them! I'll use mine, but I probably wouldn't repurchase if that is any help!

Yes! Glad you like them too. The texture is so ideal for hot temperatures, and I agree, they are super moisturizing for cold weather also. I'm so happy I was chosen to receive these. I'll have a full review after the weekend after I've worn it for a few days.  

I am so grateful, too @alexasteph! I will be reviewing over the weekend, as well. I am interested in comparing them. ๐Ÿ™‚

oh!  very jealous!  I love the Bum Bum cream!  Can't wait to hear what you think

Hey, now that's some pretty awesome surprise mail! Glad Sephora hooked a girl up ๐Ÿ˜‰ Congrats and enjoy! 

Thanks! Haha, honestly when I was contacted for this I was like "Oh, okay. That's cool," but was sort of indifferent because even though I had heard of the brand, I hadn't really considered any of their products. Now that I have them, I am very pleasantly surprised by how much I like them. A few others mentioned they are expecting to receive the same package soon, so I hope they post their thoughts as well. 

Congrats @alexasteph! I been meaning to check this out but always forget in store. Good to know the scent is pleasant ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks, @Anewxa! I actually would recommend checking them out, they're really nice. I can't wait to use them in the summer, since the formula isn't greasy at all. That's the biggest selling point for me. I think the formula of these lotions won't mix as badly with any summer sweat or humidity. The lotions I love in the winter don't last as well, or "melt" in the heat. 

Anonymous Insider

ok nvm ignore my quetion lol i got answer in my other post!!!!

that so cool sephora give reward 2 people here!!!! i hope I get lucky lol i just got sephora playbox membership at christmas which kind of like reward..............

lol im so excite to get im like๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

i heard u can review products u get too!!!

im happy sephora give u so great rewrad i hope u plz enjoy it so much!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜˜

Anonymous Insider

nice!!!! how did u get this free? could u tell me how i can get it for free too??  lol ty!!!

I am so excited to see they have a new scent debuting! I love the original- people always complement me on my fragrance and it's the bum bum cream lol!

@gingaaa I think you'll like the new one too! 

@alexastephI popped into my Sephora today and was able to smell the Acai cream- I reeeally like it. It wasn't at all what I expected. The citrusy fragrance reminds me of Fresh brand fragrances. I'm hoping this will fall under the points promo, so I held off on purchasing...really excited to own this little lovely. The scent lingered on my skin for hours ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • Sol Janeiro.JPG
  • 20170110_181856.jpg
  • IMG_6382.JPG
  • IMG_6390.JPG
  • IMG_0214.JPG
testing