Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Thank you Sephora and Sol de Janeiro!

I just want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH to Sephora and Sol de Janeiro for sending me the original Brazilian Bum Bum Cream and the new Acai Body Power Cream au gratis! I have never tried the Bum Bum Cream but have heard amazing things, and am so excited to have the chance to try the new version as the same time. They both smell quite nice! The Bum Bum Cream is slightly tropical but in no way overpowering, and the Acai Body has a fresh, almost pine, sweet forest scent. Both are in no way greasy. I think these will make a nice addition to my body care collection!

Sol Janeiro.JPG

Re: Thank you Sephora and Sol de Janeiro!

I'm super late, but I also wanted to extend my exuberant thanks to Sephora and Sol de Janeiro! 

I have tried both creams by now, but ended up giving the acai to my mother since she liked it so much. She prefers cleaner and woodier scents, and she loves the way it makes her skin look so I was happy to split the gift with her. I think she mainly uses it on her hands, chest, and upper arms.

I kept and use the Brazilian cream. I enjoy the scent and am excited to use it closer to the summer months (for my big ole thighs). I'm not sure I notice any firming, but it surely hydrates my dry skin without feeling slippery.

Thank you Sephora!!

Thank you to Sephora and Sol de Janiero for sending me both creams! Despite my love of skincare products I have never tried the Sol de Janiero line. 

I have really enjoyed using both products. The Brazilian Bum Bum Cream has a beautiful light scent - sweet and tropical. The Acai Body Power Cream has more of a green scent. 

I'm most impressed with how my skin felt after use! These felt very hydrating yet were not at all greasy. They were absorbed immediately which I typically do not experience with body creams. 

The shimmer effect is subtle and beautiful!

I am definitely going to repurchase these because of how soft my skin felt after use and the quick absorption.

Thank you so very much Sephora and Sol de Janiero - I was so excited to receive these gratis! 

Congrats! I've purchased the original a few times and I love it. The smell makes me happy.

this is awesome, congrats! I always get jelly of people who get the goodies, but hey at the same time more reviews!

I went to my local store yesterday and got to try the Acai Body Power - I soo did not like the scent, but I do like the Bum Bum cream A LOT!

Sephora and BeautyTalk, 

Thank you so much for sending these to me gratis! It was completely unexpected and I am so so so happy! I love the original, pistachio creamy summer scent and think it's really hydrating. I tend to put this all over my entire body after showering and it takes away any dryness I had.I like a little bit of shimmer in my body creams too, why not have a little sparkle especially this frigid winter? Very excited to try the new Acai Body Power cream as well, it has a lovely scent as well, this one is more refreshing, almost citrusy with some green notes to it. Also makes me think of summer. Be gone winter! 

IMG_0214.JPG

Got a little natural light in my room today so I tried to "swatch" the two creams. I don't think there's a difference in terms of moisturization. However, I noticed that the original bum bum cream has silver shimmers while the acai body cream has kind of a rose gold or peachy shimmers.

I tried to show the pigmentation of the shimmers so I swatched quite heavily. I definitely notice a difference in terms of color with my eyes but it's hard to tell from the picture.

PS. Please excuse my hairy arm. I haven't shaved since I'm only wearing long sleeved shirts in the winter hahaha 😛

IMG_6390.JPG

How very awesome you guys! Congrats!

Jealous! I want that tightening power too 😛 Enjoy!

Thank you so much Sephora and Sol De Janerio! I had never tried anything from the Sol De Janerio range so I was excited to receive this gratis. I have heard about the bum bum cream for a long time but I wasn't that interested in it because I mistakenly thought that the bum bum cream was only for your bum LOL :D. Between the two, I like the scent of the acai body power cream more. I don't know what acai smells like (my only experience with acai is from drinking the strawberry acai refreshers from Starbucks and eating Brookside acai & blueberry chocolates hahaha) but the Acai Body Power Cream smells fresh. 

I applied the original bum bum cream on my hands before going out this morning and I only had to reapply once in the afternoon for it to last till the end of the day. It absorbs quickly and it is not tacky nor greasy. Although both of these creams contains shimmers, these shimmers are not glittery or chunky at all. The shimmers, in my opinion, are nice additions to the cream to give some glow to the skin. I'll share more pictures once I get more natural light in my room 🙂  

IMG_6382.JPG

It sounds like these are very well liked and popular items, making me even more grateful to have received them! I really want to put the texture of these to the test in warmer weather, since I think it will be perfect for summer. 

@alexasteph I'm grateful as well. I feel like I just hit the jackpot with this because I have been looking for a body moisturizer for winter. This gratis came to me at the right time 😄

I also think it will be perfect for summer. Just imagine the glow on your skin (from the shimmer) after you apply the bum bum or the acai cream 🙂

Lol, that's funny cause I applied it to just my butt when I got my first samples of it!  I liked it enough to buy it but I didn't realize it was toning body lotion until it arrived.  😂

I'm really liking the acai one more as well.  Probably cause the bum bum cream smells like summer (coconut and Brazil nuts?) and it seems like a weird scent to be wearing while it's so cold outside.  

@heartsmyface 😂😂 If I were to get a sample of the bum bum cream, I would have also applied it to my butt before applying it to other places.

I feel like the acai one makes me want to cozy up at home with my scented candles while the original bum bum one makes me want to go to a beach. 

Yes!!!!

Acai= Crisp & zen

Bum Bum= Fun in the sun

@Tamara76 @angel7594 Thank you 💗 🙂

Congratulations @prti!  Enjoy!  🙂

Congrats @prti!! I am so happy you got this too! 🙂 I like my Acai the best, as well.

I just received this fun package in the mail as well!  Thank you Sephora and Sol de Janerio!!!  I'm already a huge fan of the bum bum cream and the Samba foot fetish cream, so i'm super thrilled at the opportunity to try out this new cream!  

The acai cream smells exactly like the foot fetish cream though it's thicker in consistency. A light fresh woodsy pine/cedar scent.  I'm going to guess this is what acai berries smell like?  Something you would smell in a spa.  On first application I'm really impressed by the beautiful glow on my skin. There are micro shimmers in this(just like the bum bum cream)that are making my skin look healthier than it is!  I can use all the help I can get!    My skin feels instantly softer though that may be one of the ingredients sitting on my skin.

The real review will be when the container is empty but based off my previous experience with this brand,  I'm already hooked.  

Strangely I don't find the foot fetish cream to have much of a smell at all! I will have to pop into Sephora to see what the Acai cream smells like to me. I LOVE the bum bum cream, it is my #1 body cream now, I went through three small tubs before finally accepting my fate and getting a large one.

Oh that is strange.  Once you do, come back here and comment, cause I find the scents to be identical!  None of their products scents are really overpowering in any way so maybe that's a factor.  

And, lol, not the most terrible of fates😉

96 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • Sol Janeiro.JPG
  • 20170110_181856.jpg
  • IMG_6382.JPG
  • IMG_6390.JPG
  • IMG_0214.JPG
testing