Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Sunscreen for Extremly Sensitive and Acne Rosecea Skin

Hello everyone, I am looking for a sunscreen for my face that goes nicely under makeup. I have very dry and reactive skin. I do have mild rosacea that sometimes becomes sever acne rosacea. I have tried chemical sunscreens such as Lancome and La Roche Posay, but my skin doesn't tolerate them as well as it used to. I am allergic to an ingredient in Frist Aid Beauty and cannot use their products. I have looked at Josie Maran's SPF, but it contains beeswax and I am allergic to beeswax. 

Please keep in mind that I live in Canada and do not have access to a lot of sunscreens normally recommended such Drunk Elephant and MDSolarScience. 

Does anyone with rosacea and severely reactive and allergic prone skin have any recommendations? Preferably a mineral sunscreen. I am on a medication that makes me sensitive to the sun and has caused my skin issues (any my allergy to beeswax!) Therefore sunscreen is really important, and I am looking for one that will not affect the look of my foundation.

Thank you!

Anonymous Insider

Re: Sunscreen for Extremly Sensitive and Acne Rosecea Skin

Zinc which is in most sunscreens is really good for acne. Usually it's Zinc oxide or Titanium oxide that make up the physical sunscreens. It doesn't actually block the sun, the mineral provides a covering that causes the rays to bounce off of. I have sensitive skin and don't do well with chemical sunscreens either.

Make sure you patch test any product before putting it on your face. Avene is a good skincare line but test it first behind your ear to see if you are going to have an allergic reaction to the product.

Good Luck!!

elta MD UV physical  is very good and wears nice under makeup.. I have combination sensitive skin and it does not irritate me,  check it out!! 🙂

Thank you @fernandagm

Hi! I'm loving the Prep Step sunscreen by Bare Mineral. It's a really lightweight mineral sunscreen. I love it because I also have mild rosacea and it doesn't irritate my skin at all! I also notice that my skin is a little bit less red 2 minutes after I applied it! 🙂 I highly recommend this sunscreen and I will definitely repurchased when I'll run out..

http://www.sephora.com/prep-step-broad-spectrum-50-P415241?skuId=1841220&icid2=products%20grid:p4152...

Thank you @sophielbu for the recommendation! I will definitely check it out. Do you put it on before or after your serum and/or moisturizer?

I wear it after my moisturizer and before my primer. I also noticed that my makeup stay beautiful all day. I know that it sound to good to be true, but it is. 🙂

That's great! Thanks for letting me know.

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing