Sudden random break out! Need Cleanser/Serum/Moisturizer ANYTHING

Im 19 and suddenly beginning to break out after years of almost perfectly clear skin. Is there a face cleanser and moisturizer or serum that I can use to help get my skin back the way it was? My skin isn't overly sensitive and it's usually neither dry nor oily.


Thank you!

You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
(0) Hearts

I would try Clinique's "Acne Solutions" line of products.  They make some great skincare products (I love their foaming cleanser) and I will list a few below:

You can get the three above items in a set together to try out (and save money by getting them in a set) called "Acne Solutions Clear Skin System Kit" and you can find it at:​&categoryId=B70

Acne Solutions even makes a liquid foundation, concealer and other makeup products also.  The Acne Solutions products are gentle on sensitive skin, too.

If you don't see any improvement in your skin after 6 to 8 weeks of using the Acne Solutions products, then I'd recommend going to see a dermatologist.

I hope this helps you.  Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

Maybe you need to change your skin care regimen. If the over-the-counter salicylic acid/benzyl peroxide treatments aren't getting you through, THEN go see a dermatologist. I only say this because going to any dermatologist can be expensive and he/she could take advantage of you by prescribing you something that you could easily find at Sephora or any drugstore for a more hefty price. My dermatologist also suggested I use the Purpose cleansing bar, which I have to say is really drying, so you should invest in a moisturizer if you want to try that. But even with that, I couldn't get over the tight feeling afterwards. I'm 22 and the products I have used that have worked well are Murad's acne kit, REN's ClearCalm 3 Anti-Blemish Clay Cleanser, and Philosophy's On a Clear Day kit. Hope one of these products helps you!

(0) Hearts

I agree with Lashreece that a dermatologist would be good to consult, since you may have hormonal breakouts. If it's cystic type acne, painful, large under the skin pimples, usually caused by hormones; you might try Kate Somerville's Eradikate or Mario Badescu's Buffering Lotion, these work to quickly lessen breakouts. 



(0) Hearts
See a dermatologist. At 19 your hormones can play havoc with your skin. The doctor can help you determine what has changed and the best treatment. If you are limited on funds-let them know....they should be able to make recommendations accordingly. I always say, guess on what color of lipstick you should wear but never on your skin care. If you mess around you could end up with scars etc.
Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 5 in conversation