Sudden random break out! Need Cleanser/Serum/Moisturizer ANYTHING

Im 19 and suddenly beginning to break out after years of almost perfectly clear skin. Is there a face cleanser and moisturizer or serum that I can use to help get my skin back the way it was? My skin isn't overly sensitive and it's usually neither dry nor oily.

Help!

Thank you!

Answers: 4
Answered
(0) Hearts

Maybe you need to change your skin care regimen. If the over-the-counter salicylic acid/benzyl peroxide treatments aren't getting you through, THEN go see a dermatologist. I only say this because going to any dermatologist can be expensive and he/she could take advantage of you by prescribing you something that you could easily find at Sephora or any drugstore for a more hefty price. My dermatologist also suggested I use the Purpose cleansing bar, which I have to say is really drying, so you should invest in a moisturizer if you want to try that. But even with that, I couldn't get over the tight feeling afterwards. I'm 22 and the products I have used that have worked well are Murad's acne kit, REN's ClearCalm 3 Anti-Blemish Clay Cleanser, and Philosophy's On a Clear Day kit. Hope one of these products helps you!

Answered
(0) Hearts

I agree with Lashreece that a dermatologist would be good to consult, since you may have hormonal breakouts. If it's cystic type acne, painful, large under the skin pimples, usually caused by hormones; you might try Kate Somerville's Eradikate or Mario Badescu's Buffering Lotion, these work to quickly lessen breakouts. 

Answered
(0) Hearts

I would try Clinique's "Acne Solutions" line of products.  They make some great skincare products (I love their foaming cleanser) and I will list a few below:

You can get the three above items in a set together to try out (and save money by getting them in a set) called "Acne Solutions Clear Skin System Kit" and you can find it at:  http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P188308​&categoryId=B70

Acne Solutions even makes a liquid foundation, concealer and other makeup products also.  The Acne Solutions products are gentle on sensitive skin, too.

If you don't see any improvement in your skin after 6 to 8 weeks of using the Acne Solutions products, then I'd recommend going to see a dermatologist.

I hope this helps you.  Smiley Happy

Answered
(0) Hearts
See a dermatologist. At 19 your hormones can play havoc with your skin. The doctor can help you determine what has changed and the best treatment. If you are limited on funds-let them know....they should be able to make recommendations accordingly. I always say, guess on what color of lipstick you should wear but never on your skin care. If you mess around you could end up with scars etc.
Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 5 in conversation