Answer
meredithb
Accepted Solution
Success?
(0) Hearts

I'm finishing up the last few drops of my Ole Henriksen Truth Serum, and I'm on the hunt for a product to help lighten acne scarring. There are so many products out there, but my skin is very reactive and I'm looking for a product to lighten the scarring without causing more breakouts. I've tried the Clinique Even Better line and it irritated my skin.

I've heard some good things about the Diorsnow line, but don't want to spend the money if it will irritate my skin.

Has anyone had any success lightening their scarring? Share your secrets! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
prettyinpa
Answered

I've had good success lightening a scar using Caudalie Vinoperfect Radience Serum.  It is made without a lot of harmful chemicals (parabens, sulfates and pthalates) and seems to work reasonably quickly. Plus it is oil-free, and it doesn't cause breakouts in my oily skin.

Link:http://www.sephora.com/vinoperfect-radiance-serum-P94421

Hope this helps!

Answers: 5
ChicDabbler
Answered

When I used Origins Brighter by Nature peel (substitute this instead of toner twice a week) and Origins Brighter by Nature SPF35 moisturizer during the day, my skin look lighter/brighter and the peel definitely made my skin smoother and softer. The peel may sting a bit when applied but my face never feels raw/hurt/irritated afterward, and my face didn't break out despite the high SPF.

cherrybombtastic
Answered
(0) Hearts

I really like using REN's Resurfacing AHA Concentrate. I had acne scars from facial extractions and past acne, and this really helped. The consistency is light like toner, so it's not like a serum. It also works well under my usual moisturizer without problems. REN is a natural brand, so the ingredients won't aggravate your skin like other brands with chemicals. However, I would suggest getting a sample just to be sure, and if it's effective, try looking around eBay for it because it is way cheaper there than on Sephora. I hope this helps and good luck!

Dc213
Answered
(0) Hearts

Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair has been good to me. No reactions, healthier skin and one bottle lasts a long time. A lot of reviewers on MakeUpAlley claim that it significantly helped lighten their acne marks. Check it out: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp?ItemID=43522

beautylovingirl
Answered
(0) Hearts

The Murad products for lightening are very good products for you to try.:smileyhappy:Hope this helps!

lylysa
Answered
(0) Hearts

If the Clinique Even Better line irritated your skin that could mean you are sensitive to salicylic acid, which is one of the key ingredients used to help lighten dark spots in their spot corrector.

Normally I would recommend a product with hydroquinone to fade dark spots like in the Murad acne or vitamin C line, but as that is quite a potent ingredient I won't suggest you go that route.

I'm honestly a fan of the Truth Serum and I would advise sticking with that as it uses vitamin C and licorice extract to lighten darken pigmentation spots. I haven't tried the Dior Snow line, but I do know if you try it, Sephora's return policy is pretty nice and they can work with taking a product back.

The thing is, with lightening treatments, results are normally shown anywhere between 4 to 8 weeks of use. Of course if your skin is sensitive, you will get a reaction prior to that to test whether or not it's a product to keep.

I suggest getting the Truth Serum again but pairing it with a glycolic acid face wash. Glycolic acid (or alpha hydroxy acids/AHA) are fruit sugar enzymes like papaya, pineapple, orange, grapefruit, and lemon which help brighten skin and allow for healthy and fresh skin regeneration, so not only are you treating the dark spots, you're also allow new and healthy skin to come through. Anthony Logistics makes a very gentle face wash that contains aloe to soothe and it's void of a lot of filler ingredients.

http://www.sephora.com/glycolic-facial-cleanser-P9038?skuId=456327

There's a mini set (includes a shave cream) on sale but it's currently out of stock if you want to try a smaller version, you can sign up for email alerts for when it's back in stock so you can pick one up. I use the AL face wash and love it. I've also used Peter Thomas Roth's Anti-Aging Gel Cleanser, which has AHA and BHA (beta hydroxy acids, which is also in reference to salicylic acid). Though this product does share a common ingredient with the Clinique line, active ingredients in washes are not as potent as in treatment products so you may not get a reaction from using this wash. It's also balanced with botanicals and the AHA so it's not just a hefty dose of BHA to the skin. Both cleansers work well for fading post acne marks!

Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • cherrybombtastic
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • meredithb
    • beautylovingirl
    • Dc213