msperfect

Spot treatment

Anyone know of a good spot treatment for acne. Any creams, oils, or serums?

mandark

Re: Spot treatment

(0) Hearts

If you don't mind not buying at Sephora, Mario Badescu drying lotion is like exactly the same thing as Eradikate and it's a little bit cheaper.

katie1724

(0) Hearts

I second (fifth? sixth?) Kate Somerville EradiKate, which is an excellent spot treatment -- it has sulfur, but a higher concentration than most sulfur-based treatments. It's the only spot treatment I've tried that actually seems to work.

amberangeline

(0) Hearts

I use Murad's Clarifying Mask to spot treat. It has sulfur in it, which reduces redness and inflammation. There are other products with higher amounts of sulfur, but this one gets the job done for my oily, acne-prone skin! 

I also use Murad's Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel every day to keep my skin clear and to help with acne scarring.

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Fresh's Umbrian Clay face mask works really well for me.. 

I recently ordered the spot treatment from Juice beaty, but doesn't really work. I apply it during the day and use Fresh umbrian clay at night until its ready.. and then use pure tea tree oil after its out. I don't like the one from body shop because it has unnecessary ingredients in it... I use either the one from Nowfoods or trader joes. 

smash6086

(0) Hearts

Any of the following:

Tea Tree Oil

Honey 

Aspirin (open a liquid gel capsule and apply)

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion

Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion

Mario Badescu Anti-Acne Serum

leolion

Tea tree oil from The Bodyshop.  Cheap, not too harsh/drying, but yet effective within a couple days with twice a day application.  Works under makeup, oil texture keep me from bothering it because if the blemish is too dry, I tend to mess with it and make it worse.

Britlee303

(0) Hearts

I agree with Tea Tree Oil! It is naturally anti-bacterial so it is good for treating many many things, including acne. The only bad thing is the smell is very strong and herbal/medicinal, so for that reason I personally only use it at night. But if you like the smell more than I do you could definitely use it during the day as well!

kalex

Kate Somerville Eradikate -

http://www.sephora.com/eradikate-acne-treatment-P232903?skuId=1167147

This stuff literally sucks the life out of pimples - it's amazing!

killahbabe

I fourth Eradikate! Also, if you're looking for a drugstore alternative, Bye Bye Blemish is essentially the same exact thing for about $10.

DesertRose0706

yep, i second Eradikate!   It works great!

SallieSunshine

(0) Hearts

Ditto. I even bought a bottle for my brother for Christmas. :smileyhappy:

bluecucumbers

Mario Badescu face wash and toner and great. Also, Kiehls acne treatments work pretty well. i like clinique foundations and toners. Urban Decay has great foundation, and korres is also good for face wash. hope this was helpful. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • killahbabe
    • mandark
    • smash6086
    • DesertRose0706