Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

Small skin colored bumps on cheeks :(

IMG_1007.JPG

I have had these small bumps on my face for the past 2 years or so. I have never had problems with acne. I get a pimple once and a while but nothing horrible. I have tried exfoliating them, moisturizing them and nothing works. Currently I use a Biore pore cleaning scrub, Mario Beduscu Enzyme Gel Cleanser, Clean and Clear Toner and Clinque Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. I would say I have combination skin. I don't wear a tone of makeup just usually some concealer and brow pomade. I felt like face makeup wasn't going to help these bumps so lately I haven't been wearing any. Does anyone know what these could be?

Re: Small skin colored bumps on cheeks :(

That looks like fungal acne. You could try nizoral shampoo as a mask every other night. 

Anonymous Insider

I am having similar issue.  It started after a surgical procedure.  Have you found something that helps?

Anonymous Insider

Even though they are round this look a lot like  flat warts to me

jeyrosella is right, I used to have this since I was a little girl! AHA's and glycolics are great for this skin condition, you don't have to use it everyday, it might dry you out, but its very effective! This might sound crazy, but I shave my face! It gets rid of the bumps it exfoliates my skin and gets rid of that peach fuzz, it really leaves my skin really smooth!

Good Luck!

I agree with trysbeautyitems. Do the bumps go away and come back in different places? Closed comedonal acne bumps won't be there for years (individual lesions). If it is more flesh-colored than pearly-toned it may be keratosis pilaris instead of milia. KP needs lactic acid lotion like lac-hydrin. Exfoliation alone won't cut it. I would see your primary care doctor or a derm to be sure. 

Have you seen a derm in those 2 years? A physical exfoliant wont help. Could be closed comedones or milia-like, you need something stronger and more acidic to break the pore open or an extraction.

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos1
  • IMG_1007.JPG
testing