Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Skincare for Keratosis Pilaris

i have severe KP on my legs, bottom, back of arms. What products can help treat this and what is a good skincare routine to follow on my body

Re: Skincare for Keratosis Pilaris

Anything with glycolic acid works for me. Also, dry brushing is super helpful. Ulta sells a really cheap brush that I use. And a really good moisturizer.

If I dry brush, use a glycolic product, layer on Soap & Glory body butter, then top it off with Bio Oil my skin looks amazing and the KP goes away. The only issue is that its a lot of work and I'm usually not consistent enough with it to really keep my skin clear.

Anonymous Insider

I have KP on my arms and Amlactin has helped keep it at bay. They sell this in trial sizes too if you want to sample it first.

KP duty products didn't work for me. Does anyone know if Glytone products work? Or any body exfoliation pads 

I've been using the Glytone KP set on and off for the past month and a half, and I can say that it's definitely made a huge difference. I say on and off because I dont think I need to use it daily (even though it says to do so). 

I've used so many products and exfoliaters to get rid of these bumps but a combination of Amlactin and Glytone have been working great for me. My KP is more on the lighter side, but if you were to look at my arms you would assume that they were everywhere, but they're really just dark scars from picking at them as a kid. I took before and after photos and know that this set drastically lightened up my scars.

As for the KP areas they are much smoother than before (not as soft as an overnight coconut oil soak, but smooth).

What I do for reference just in case lol:

1. When I'm in the shower, I use the Glytone wash with the scrub they provided.

2. After this, I scrub with a coconut oil and coffee grind mixture I make myself.

3. Then after the shower, I mix the Glytone lotion (thick) with some Amlactin (thin) and put it all over my KP problem areas.

4. Cover up with a long sleeve and wake up to super smooth arms. 

The wash smells pleasant, but both lotions smell pretty bad. Not unbearable, but not pleasant. If you've used Amlactin, then you have an idea of the smell. It also stings. The areas where the bumps are will sting when I apply the Glytone/ Amlactin mixture.

On the days where I do not put the Glytone/ Amlactin mixture on, I put some coconut oil on. 

I hope this helps you girls! I know how much money I've spent battling this and if my routine helps you figure out yours, I'll consider it money well spent. 

HI @beautyfollower I have/had the same thing, it was caused by the laundry soap I was using. Now I use fragrance free. I also stopped using fabric softener. 

Really it's just gentle exfoliation and moisturize to keep them at bay. Eucerin repair lotion has acids in it that help. Exfoliator I use any, then the lotion.

I like products from The Body Deli. It's an organic skin care line and probably one of my favorites. I've tried items from Paula's Choice way back and didn't like those.  I have to say that I found the only way to really get rid of it is by removing certain items from my diet. Usually gluten is the culprit (dairy can have an impact too). Generally you need 30 days to see a difference if you want to eliminate foods from your diet. Hope this helps.

Ohhhh! I never thought diet could gave an impact - that is really good to know!  Thanks!  @veronika23

@Tamara76  it has a huge impact.  All the derms I ever saw told me I would be stuck with it. Like nothing makes it go away. Naturopaths said it was mostly a result of gluten intolerance. I've also read that a few times. Although I "shouldn't" say this the sun also helps.

@beautyfollower  I have found that DermaDoctor KP Duty Lotion really helps!  I also use a body scrub once or twice a week (doesn't have to be KP Duty) and I use Cetaphil Moisturizer twice a day.

http://www.sephora.com/kp-duty-lotion-P73509?skuId=784413&icid2=dermadoctor_bestsellers_carousel_us:...

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing