alyssajacqueline

Skincare Routine

I am 17, with combination skin. Lately i've been breaking out a lot on my cheeks and along my chin and I hate it! For the past year all I have used is Purpose Gentle Foaming Cleanser and Clean and Clear Persagel 10. It has always worked for me and suddenly now it isn't. I have a Clarisonic that I haven't used in such a long time, should I consider it? And how should I change up my skincare routine? Thank you!

wingatprsct

Re: Skincare Routine

(0) Hearts

Besides trying new skincare products and adding your Clarisonic back to your skincare routine, be sure to keep your cellphone clean and your hands away from your face.  My son always broke out badly on his chin because he rested his face on his hands during class.

neko333

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

You can actually have acne products stop working because you build up an immunity to them. It's good to change it up. That being said new products can also sometimes cause you to break out at first. I hadn't used my Clarisonic in probably 2 months, and it made me break out when I began to use it again (so just be warned). I find if I use it more than a 2-3 times a week it does more harm than good. So far I've been really impressed by the Yes to Tomatoes line (sold in Target). The ingredients in it aren't as harsh, and I think that actually helps because it doesn't irritate the skin further by healing some flare ups while causing new ones. Try the Yes to Tomatoes Clearing Facial Mask, they have single use masks  in some stores. They also have a value kit online, but it doesn't include the mask. 

laurabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Alyssajacqueline, check out some of our acne skincare sets.  They are a great way to start a new skincare routine without spending a ton.  And yes, I would start incorporating your Clarisonic into your routine no more than 1x per day.  :smileyhappy: -Laura

Murad Acne Complex® 30-Day Kit

Murad Acne Complex® 30-Day Kit.jpg

Philosophy Clear Days Ahead™ 30-Day Acne Trial Kit

Philosophy Clear Days Ahead™ 30-Day Acne Trial Kit.jpg

Peter Thomas Roth Blemish Buster Kit

PTR Blemish Buster Kit.jpg

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • neko333
    • alyssajacqueline