Answer
tartey
Skincare HELP!! acne prone, dry skin, sensitive.
[ Edited ]

I've been breaking pretty bad lately. I now have one huge scar on my forehead from a huge pimple a few weeks back. 

I have dry, acne prone skin that tends to break out more in the winter. 

I'm trying to make my skincare routine flawless. So far, I'm using:

NIGHT TIME ROUTINE-

-Philosophy Purity Cleanser

-Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream

-Clinique Mild Toner

-Korres Yohgurt Mask/ Cream

-Clinique All About Eyes

-Murad Spot Treatment

DAY TIME ROUTINE-

-Korres White Tea Gel Cleanser

-Clinique Mild Toner

-Clinique Moisture Surge Moisturizer

-Clinique All About Eyes

I feel like I have a good routine, I also do  masks and special treatments quite frequently. I use the Boscia Black Mask 2x a week, and the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask 2x a week. Where do you think I could improve on? 

I mostly breakout on my forehead, but recently a little on my chin and inner parts of my cheeks. I only get a few spots, not a rash of breakouts. 

Are there any products you'd recommend for me? I also have one pretty red scar from a pimple a few weeks ago... do you think it will go away on it's own... or do you recommend a certain product? I can't understand why i'm constantly breaking out!!! I drink tons of water, and never drink sodas!! I'm 17 by the way, do you think it's just darn hormones?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
cherrybombtastic
Answered

That's a lot of products to be using. I would replace your Philosophy Purity Cleanser because there are reviews from acne-prone people who don't respond well with that cleanser. I would also take out the exfoliating scrub by Clinique just for the time being because you could just be spreading the bacteria even if the scrub is as gentle as Clinique's. As for the toner, does it have alcohol? If it does, I would find a replacement as well because alcohol-based toners dry out your skin. I usually just use a cotton ball and dip it in warm water and swipe it like it was a toner after cleansing at night. I also have the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask and my acne-prone skin has never responded well to that, so I would ax that from your regimen, too. I would really stick to five products or less for your regimen. Just think of how many ingredients are in each of the products you use. Your skin may just be congested from everything. I hope this helps and good luck!

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • antie96
    • cherrybombtastic
    • prosarab
    • tartey