Answer
kidkitty
Should I still use my Clarisonic or..

My experience 

So from what I've been recently told by a esthetician at a Clinique counter in Macys, was that I shouldn't be using the Clarisonic when active breakouts are happening. Which I've never been told because that clearly just defeated the purpose in investing in the Clarisonic because I wanted to use it due to its benefits of deeper cleansing and letting products soak in better. For example, I've been prescribed a topical treatment for my acne and I use my Clarisonic with just a gentle cleanser or my Estee Lauder Sparkly Clean ( I believe that's the name ) face wash and apply my treatment at night. And since I suffer from mild acne, I have spots basically all over my face, so to me I just think using the Clarisonic would spread the bacteria and pus around more and just cause more breakouts coming from what this lady at Macy's told me. So I was really disappointed and stopped using it since I have a breakout on nearly every side of my cheeks and forehead. 

Now the actual predicament

I've been contemplating on  whither to just return the Clarisonic and get the Kate Sommerville Clear Skin supplements that I KNOW will completely clear my skin even of the tiniest bumps and then get the Clarisonic and just try my best to maintain it since its clear and I don't have to worry about breakouts anymore because my topical treatment is just not doing it and I've already been through the purging stage and things didn't clear up as much as expected. I'm sorry for whoever reading this if its too long or confusing, but I really would like advice. Thank you and if you know of any cleansers for combination/ acne prone skin that helps acne or even to fade scars, please feel free to recommend anything! THANK YOU <3

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
CAmakeuplover
Answered
I just bought a Clarisonic as an early Christmas present to myself because my skin used to break out in disgusting oozing pimples all over my face. I do agree with you about the bacteria so right after I use my Clarisonic (I use it both morning and night) I wash it with an antibacterial soap. Using my Clarisonic every morning and night (even when I have pimple outbreaks) helps to even my skin tone and get rid of the pimples after a few days of use. After using the Clarisonic for only about 2 months off and on (because I often forget to use it until my skin gets messed up again) my skin is almost clear on a regular basis, my pores are smaller, and my skin tone is much evener. The best cleansers I have tried for me (but it can widely vary from person to person) are Purity (by Philosophy) and Cetaphil (I got a bunch of samples from my dermatologist to try and I have been using it for the past 4 months and love it). I also use a topical medicine for pimples called Tretinoin Cream, I got a prescription from my doctor and I put it on pimples over night and it works great. I hope your skin looks great soon. :smileyhappy: I'm gonna have to start trying some of these homemade masks and scrubs because I have heard tons of great reviews from them. <3
Posted from Facebook
Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 5 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • waterbaby1981
    • CAmakeuplover
    • kidkitty
    • cecilyy