Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin

SKIN CARE..Breakout control

Hey guys! I had a question regarding to skin care products. So, recently I’ve been experiencing some serious breakouts. My face has always been in good condition, and I have been using several products to do that (Kiel’s, Korean skincare, Fresh), in addition to that I always thought that good genes are another reason for my ‘problemless’ skin (my mom and sister have the best skin ever!!). However, the breakouts that I now have consist on small acne look-like pimples and are in only one section of the face (the right one and forehead), the left part is perfectly fine. I believe that my T-zone has recently become more oily than usual and that’s the reason behind this breakout. So I’m looking for a good moisturizer (oil-free), cleanser, and mask. I’d like to note that I’m allergic to tea tree oil so what do you guys suggest? Thank youuuu!! 

Re: SKIN CARE..Breakout control

hey @Arsela !

first question: do you sleep on your right side, by chance ? or part your hair to the right side ?

my favorite cleansers--for acne prone or otherwise--are non foaming. they don't over strip the skin and help keep pH balanced (which, in turn, helps with breakouts). i'm not sure what your budget is, but my favorites are OMOROVIZCA thermal cleansing balm (super lux and pricey, admittedly) or gel-to-oil formulas like NUDE omega cleansing jelly (discontinued but currently still in stock in the sale section, i'd say it's worth still trying because it's a. amazing and b. can help you figure out if you like this type of cleanser). i also like gentle mud cleansers like PIXI glow mud cleanser (not available at sephora but can be found at target; this is a cleanser for your skin, not one to remove makeup). incidentally, their clay mask (similarly called 'glow mud mask') is my favorite clarifying mask of all time. 

as for moisturizers, that gets a bit difficult. i'm not an advocate for oil free moisturizers, as i feel like they can starve the skin (most oils, presuming it's not too much, will help keep skin balanced and prevent it from over producing oil). if you're set on an oil free moisturizer, check out KATE SOMERVILLE'S oil free one. also check out her 'nourish' moisturizer; it's not oil free but it's lovely.

i hope this helps !

Re: SKIN CARE..Breakout control

Thank you so much!! I will definitely take into consideration your suggestions. 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing