adrutter

Oily Acne Prone Skin HOLY GRAIL Regiment

Hello. I wanted to write this post because I am a 28 year old female that has suffered from acne since being a pre-teen and it has been awful. My breakouts have been terrible, everywhere on my body, and I have tried EVERY product under the sun from drugstore, to high end brands, to prescription from the dermatologist, to the order by phone like proactiv and nothing, I mean nothing really worked until I started doing the below...

I try to eat very clean (organic and natural), exercise, drink water, and not irritate my skin, but I still break out and I am terrible, I pick! Eeek. 

Then I started washing my face with only the gentlest of products to try and calm all the irritation I had been putting it through from trying to find that "magic" product so I used Cetaphil. I wash with it every morning and night and it did help my skin feel calm, not irritated, but its not going to clear the breakouts. 

So then I found this face mask and added it to my routine it has been changing my life and its all natural and healthy products, so simple to do.

Every morning before I shower, in a bowl I mix:

1 tablespoon plain whole yogurt 

1/2 tablespoon organic honey 

1 packet of powdered asprin (called BC powder) 

I spread this mask on my face, leave it on for 10-15 minutes, and then wash away in the shower. The yogurt helps exfoliate, smooth the skin, clean out pores, and tighten pores. The honey is a natural antiseptic so it kills bacteria and it also helps reduce acne marks and fade acne scars. The asprin is an anti-inflammatory so it reduces those bumps that are there as well as the redness. My skin has had way less breakouts, its smoother, I don't need to wear as much make-up and this is an easy addition to my skin care that doesn't break the bank. 

I also started moisturizing my whole body when I get out of the shower with pure all natural cocoa butter. When you buy pure cocoa butter it is a solid and you have to melt it. I put the solid form in a microwavable container and before I shower, I pop it in the microwave for about 1:30, shower, and then put it on. My skin feels so smooth, its all natural so no chemicals, and it has been fading my acne marks, but best all, NO MORE BREAKOUTS ON MY CHEST, SHOULDERS, BACK AND THIGHS! I will not use any other moisturizer than this on my body from now on. The difference in the way my skin feels and looks is building my confidence and I am starting to feel beautiful on the outside as I am on the inside. 

The last product I am absolutely loving is Palmer's Eventone BB Cream. I have oily skin, not combo skin, straight oily skin, but I don't want to lather it with so much make-up because it just makes my acne problem worse. I'm embarrassed about my acne scars though so I need to put something on for a confidence boost. This BB cream can be layered and actually has ingredients in it that are designed to help your skin, correct tone, fade marks, and moisturize. It only comes in two shades, I bought both and mix to make my perfect shade, apply it, cover blemishes by mixing a bit of the BB cream with my concealer, and then set with IT Bye Bye Pores finishing powder and I am good for the day. 

Maybe these products will work for you, I am just so happy my skin is starting to look so much better and I hope if you try them, they'll work for you too. 

IMG_20130929_052937.jpg

Amanda

Urbie

Re: Oily Acne Prone Skin HOLY GRAIL Regiment

(0) Hearts

Your skin looks beautiful!  I love both yogurt and raw honey masks, but I've never thought to combine them (or to add aspirin).  Will definitely have to try it next time!

syritt

You do look amazing. (That lipstick is fabulous, btw. Mind if I ask?)

I love how your regimen is from the inside out and uses organic products with proven healing properties. It's a refreshing change from all the chemical treatments out there.

I use Eminence Clear Skin Probiotic Mask on my breakouts because I'm lazy. ^_^ (Ok, that's not true, I just don't have a lot of time in the morning for beauty routines.) Also because it works, but your option is definitely less expensive and obviously as effective. I also love Honest Company body oil as an after shower moisturizer. It seems to keep my skin soft and breakout free. It is also non-greasy, unscented, and is totally natural.

adrutter

(0) Hearts

Oh the lipstick is Kat Von D Everlasting Love Lipstick in Lolita. I apply a bit of chapstick, rub it in, blot it off, and then put this on and it lasts forever. Love love love it :smileyhappy:

wingatprsct

You look lovely!  I will give your mask a try.  It makes sense since aspirin is salicylic acid.  I'm glad you have found what works for your skin.  That is the most difficult part - understanding your skin and giving it what it needs.  

adrutter

I totally agree. Its so hard to find what works but once you do, its sticking to it. And thank you for the compliment :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • adrutter
    • syritt
    • Urbie
    • wingatprsct
Photos1
  • IMG_20130929_052937.jpg