cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

Nose full of pimples

What skin care product is best to use when you have super bad acne or a nose full of pimples

Re: Nose full of pimples

@Anonymous

You need to address the casue of your pimples rather than the symptoms.

What is causing your breakout?  My unsexy answer is - figure that out.

1. Hormonal - see a doctor

2. Dietary - fix your diet.  Sugar and dairy are the usual suspects.

3. Skincare - what is your current routine?  How do you cleanse?

4. Products/lifestyle - are you using products you are reactive to?  Any lifestyle stresses?

No face wash will fix the issue if the cause is 1, 2, or 4.  

Other notes:

- Stay away from anything "foaming", it applies to all cleansers. 

- Stay away from "scrubs", or any mechanical exfoliator.

- Keep your skin hydrated

- Cleanse makeup and SPF off thoroughly

- Use a mild acid exfoliator like FAB Radiance pads a few times a week.

@Anonymous 

Cleanser: Use a liquid cleanser; I like Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Wash

Spot treatment for whiteheads: Benzoyl Peroxides; Clean & Clear PersaGel is highly recommended, and it works wonders

Mechanical exfoliation: Use a scrub; I prefer Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash (it isn't a good cleanser, though) b/c it is gritty.  Neutrogena makes good gentle ones (avoid the grapefruit or ones with menthol)

Chemical exfolation: BHA; only Paula's Choice makes good ones

Oil control: Use oil-blotting sheets throughout the day; Target makes a great inexpensive knock-off

Prescription: Retin-A (Tretinoin is the generic); if this is out of your price range, try Differin which is now OTC

Also, I recommend seeing a dermatologist.

Good luck!

You could be over cleansing or not enough or from diet, internal imbalances etc. Start with a doctor and/or an esthetician to assess and give a proper starting point for your skin, which will lessen the headache of trying everything on your own. A facial would get gunk out and help the skin to breathe. I have better luck with prescription acne products, more ingredient choices and strengths.

Exfoliating and getting rid of dead skin cells can do wonders. You definitely shouldn't use a facial scrub on a daily basis. People use it anywhere from 1-3 times a week depending on their skin type and the sensitivity. One that I like is the Fresh Umbrian Clay Mattifying Face Exfoliant. Umbrian Clay has properties that help to neutralize acidity, absorb oil, refine pores, and purify the skin surface. 

Another good, gentle exfoliant that I know can be for daily use is the Tatcha Classic Rice Enzyme Powder which also comes in a gentle version. This product is great for (again) buffing away any dead skin cells built up in the day. It is labeled that it's a daily exfoliant, cleanser and toner in one. 

A great natural spot treatment I've been swearing by for years is Witch Hazel. I've tried so many things, from pRickey treatments to toothpaste, and none are as effective as the pure Witch Hazel. SUPER effective, I'll dab a bit on my spots at night and in the morning they'll have dried out by at least 40%. Of course, no spot treatments completely zap things away overnight, but after a few days of using Witch Hazel, the skin clears. And it's a natural ingredient! I love this stuff. 

I should mention that you're going to want to use some sort of moisturizer when using Witch Hazel. It can definitely dry out areas of the skin that aren't clogged. 

I hope this helps  🙂

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm prone to breakouts, and sometimes get pesky pimples on my nose if I don't clean off my glasses (due to being super oily as well). These are some products that I'm loving for spot treating:

- Murad - Rapid Relief Acne Spot Treatment (day)

- Kate Somerville - Eradikate Acne Treatment (night)

If you're looking for preventative products, I suggest checking these out as well!

- Kate Somerville - EradiKate® Daily Cleanser Acne Treatment

- Philosophy - Clear Days Ahead™ Oil-Free Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment & Moisturizer

I hope this helps! 🙂

Cheers!
Nikko
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing