Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin

Night Time Cleanser!

I'm looking for a new face wash for night time, I currently use PTR Glycolic Acid 3% facial wash, but am looking for something different. I have a few in mind which I pictured below. I have oily skin with tons of acne scars, with the occasional hormonal break out, i also sometimes use my clarisonic 1-3 times per week. Love a good light exfoliating face wash as well as hydrating!! I'm leaning towards Ole but I love PTR and Ren has great reviews and says its gentle which i love and omg I can't decide. Please help and leave any other suggestions!!s1009380-main-Lhero.jpgs1263268-main-Lhero.jpgs1608702-main-Lhero.jpgs1910678-main-Lhero.jpg

Re: Night Time Cleanser!

Don't use exfoliating cleanser or those with beads with Clarisonics. I find exfoliating cleansers to be a bit too harsh in general but I have combo skin. I am a fan of PTR antiaging gel when I'm feeling oily so I'd recommend giving that a try. I have tried Ren clay cleanser before, it left a slight residue/not a fan of the feel of the skin afterwards and I feel it might be better for dry or sensitive skin.

Other than that, well, there are lots of great cleansers. Go to Sephora, get some samples to take home and try is what I would do.

Are you looking for a cleanser that can be used with the Clarisonic? If so you may want to avoid the PTR Anti-Aging Buffing Beads as the combination of the brush head shouldn't be paired with abrasive or textured cleansers. Though Clarisonic doesn't outright state it, I'm not too sure the Ren clay-based cleanser or the Clearogen foam would be super compatible either. If the clay formula is a bit richer or thick it may gum-up the bristles and leave residue lodged deep at the base. Foam formulas are very light and quite airy so they're distribution along skin along with the oscillating manner of the brush head may not allow for it to remain in contact very well as it can easily be pushed away from where the brush is touching. The same kind of goes with oil-based cleansers, because of how thin they are in consistency they just sink into the brush head and don't get distributed and worked along skin very well.

If you're wanting a cleanser that is suitable for clarifying oily skin, gently brightening and maintaining an even skin tone to combat post acne marks, and aids in softening skin while also calming, try Anthony's Glycolic Facial Cleanser. While the company itself markets towards men, it's motto is "formulated for men, borrowed by women" because the ingredients in this product along with others in the line is certainly capable of use by women as well. For starters, there are no harsh detergents, parabens, or synthetic colors and fragrances in this cleanser. It utilizes 4.9% glycolic acid to gently purify skin and aid in the regeneration of fresher and healthier skin cells (glycolic acid provides a chemical exfoliation to skin without the need to use physical granuals or components to polish away at skin's surface) while being balanced with hydrating fatty alcohols (which don't dry out skin), refreshing aloe, soothing chamomile and calendula, anti-oxidants such as vitamin A and E to combat signs of damage and pre-mature aging plus conditioning skin, and vitamin C enriched citrus extracts. The consistency is a hybrid of a creamy gel, so the gel-aspect serves to quickly tackle and break down excess oils on your skin's surface for easy removal.

There are a host of fortified cleansers that make viable options, but considering a cleanser is a product that gets washed down the drain, be sure you're also tackling oil control, hydration, and blemishes as they occur via outside products such as serums, spot treatments, and moisturizers. If the hormonal breakouts occur sporadically and you aren't suffering from an onslaught of consistent acne, be sure you're not using a cleanser or treatment too focused on blemishes and purification as they may end up being harsh or drying.

Hi @abbzzzzzzz,

I know I'm not making it any easier by adding to the list of cleansers, but have you considered the PTR Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel? This cleanser has glycolic acid and salicylic acid, to assist with uneven skin tone/texture, fine lines, and blemishes. After using this, my skin felt soft and smooth, and I felt like it looked a lot brighter as well!

I also like using Kate Somerville's ExfoliKate Cleanser Daily Foaming Wash. This is a gentle enzyme exfoliate that can be used daily, and it smells so refreshing. 

I definitely think these are worth checking out 🙂

Cheers!
Nikko
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos4
  • s1009380-main-Lhero.jpg
  • s1263268-main-Lhero.jpg
  • s1608702-main-Lhero.jpg
  • s1910678-main-Lhero.jpg