Answer
kidkitty
Need help on choosing new skincare products and starting to break out due to..

My skin is starting to get very dry because I use a topical treatment prescribed by my doctor called Clindamycin I believe and its 1%. I don't even have a moisturizer to use at night! Eek, I know. Bad right? I'm really searching for a day AND night time moisturizer and basically everything else necessary for a skin care regimen. I'm very acne prone.. Normal/Combination skin, and I have a lot of acne scarring and discoloration going on so if there are any good face washes that help with that I'd love to hear any product recommendations! At this point I'm really desperate to find things that will show lasting results for once.. Even after turning to a doctor my skin isn't completely cleared or preventing new breakouts.. I'm really upset because so much money has gone down the drain and even with having the Clarisonic Mia, I don't see any help.. PLEASE HELP. I've posted questions on these forums before and got great feedback so hopefully I hear from someone soon. And if age is part of recommending products, I'm definitely NOT looking for any serums or anti-aging products, or eye creams, and anything more than a face wash, toner, and moisturizer. And even some exfoliation products and masks and even sunscreens that are oil-free and most products oil-free!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
spaceykacey
Answered
(0) Hearts

I feel that the Clarisonic is not good for acne-prone skin because that much exfoliation can be harsh and irritating on acne. Use an exfoliator with gentle buffing beads a couple times a week. I would also advise against using other topical products that contain salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide because that could irritate your skin since you're are using a prescribed acne medication. And you must find a lightweight moisturizer that is oil-free because acne medications and products are very drying. I currently use Clinique Dramatically Different Gel Moisturizer (2 different types - don't get the regular lotion version), but I'm almost out and just ordered the Proactive Green Tea Moisturizer from Amazon which has the same consistency (I do not recommend or use Proactive but I had a friend who did and I liked this moisturizer very much). As for cleansers and toners it's really just trial and error, and I'm still searching for the right ones for me.

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • kidkitty
    • missjr
    • spaceykacey