MakeupJess

NAME ANY GREAT TIPS TO CLEAR SKIN.

(0) Hearts

Name anything you know about getting clear, smooth and clogged pore free skin.Anything to family secrets to home remedies to a routine you've followed religiously that you know definitely works!

browncow

Re: NAME ANY GREAT TIPS TO CLEAR SKIN.

(0) Hearts

I've tried all kinds of things, and nothing in particular worked well for my skin usually because it dried the skin out too much. I'm not really a candidate for acutane either because my case isn't sever enough. I just have constant, mild acne. Recently though, I went on Atkins for health reasons, and my skin has quite unexpectedly started clearing up significantly. So, who knows.

cstef

I have tried absolutely everything and the only thing that has worked is the Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion pads. They have a gentle version as well. This practically started working for me overnight. The trick to control acne is benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and glycolic acid. These pads have salicylic and glycolic acid and I use a neutrogena benzoyl peroxide wash called Clear Pore. My acne marks and scars have almost banished within less than a week. 

just keep in mind everyone's skin is different and I have tried so many products that it has been trial and error for me. 

ladytr0uble

Skin care is very personal and different products work for different types of skin.  Heck, I even use different serums, moisturizers and masks for the different sections of my combination skin.  So my first tip is to get to know your skin very, very well.  Know what it needs, what it likes and dislikes.  By understanding what your skin needs and treating your skin accordingly, it lowers the chances of acne outbreaks.

Although the products I use vary depending on the season and the condition of my skin, there are certain "rules": 1- wash your face thoroughly every day, it doesn't matter if you are exhausted or if you spent the day at home. If you have a breakout, use a cleanser meant for acne.  2- Moisturize.  Even if your skin is oily, you still need some sort of moisturizer-- a very light one.  Super oily "thinks" it's dry and produces too much sebum.  3- Treat the problems.  If you have acne, treat it (I like EradiKate Acne Treatment for acne).  Since pink dots are unsightly, I use tea tree oil on my acne during the day.  4- Exfoliate.  I've made my own with honey and sugar that works just as well as something like Ole henriksen's New Beginning Scrub.  When my skin is freaking out, my Clarisonic Mia is enough.

I know I'm very vague but it really comes down to what your skin needs.

drrragon

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Rather than home remedies, you may want to try products with scientifically-proven ingredients.  The two gold standard products for acne are benzoyl peroxide (ranging from 2% to 10%) and salicylic acid (usually 2%).

It's good that you already have a daily routine (I used to go to bed once in a while without removing makeup and it always caused huge breakouts).  But it's best not to irritate your skin by doing too much manual exfoliation or treating it to harsh ingredients like lemon juice, products containing alcohol, etc.

Not sure if we are allowed to post stuff from external sites, but these two are pretty good, clear explanations of how best to reduce your acne.  You don't need to actually buy their products, you can find these key ingredients at any drugstore and Sephora also carries high-end products with benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/expert-advice/acne/

http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

MakeupJess

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 5 in conversation