Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

My chin is so congested, can you guys help me out please?

I normally would post in the question thread but I don't want it to go unnoticed, lol!  I also posted several months back about patchiness issues on my face with my foundation, and I feel like most of my problems are gone, but my chin is still SO CONGESTED! I need help!

I tried to get a good photo, so I am sorry if you can't really see what my issue is. I am also wearing foundation in these photos.

I get tons of micro zits, TONS, and my foundation also patches up in that area still. It has never been smooth and I don't know why. Is there something else I should maybe try?

I currently use this stuff at nighttime:

• Omorovicza or Tatcha cleansers

• Peter Thomas Roth peel pads to exfoliate

• Jasmine garden toner by May Lindstrom

• Rejuvenating night cream by omorovicza (this has been a life saver, it fixed all my dry patches)

This is what I normally use, but twice a week I will use a mask which takes the place of the peel pads. I have the resurfacing mask by tata harper which I use once a week, and then the Origins mask in the pink packaging (I forgot the name, sorry lol I think it may be a rejuvenating mask, but it also has some exfoliating bits in there).

For daytime I just splash my face with water in the morning and follow with a spritz of the omorovicza hungarian water, then follow with the illuminating moisturizer.

Let me be clear that I do not have dry bits on my face anymore, in fact, it feels great and I have no issues! It's only my chin which has all this congestion and tons of micro pimples. I can seriously pop like 10 or more at a time if I'm feelin it lol. Is there anything else I should or could do to help?

chin2.jpg

chin.jpg

Re: My chin is so congested, can you guys help me out please?

@sabrinas Is it possible that your chin area is coming into contact with an irritant that isn't touching the rest of your face? For example, SLS in your toothpaste, a food you regularly eat, or your hands touching your face as you sit and work.

Or, alternatively, did you have this problem before you started using your current skincare regimen? It could be that your chin is purging in response to the AHAs in your exfoliation, perhaps.

Or, it might be hormonal rather than externally caused. Has your doctor checked your hormone levels with a blood test since this problem started? Or did you start a new birth control regimen or other hormone-effecting medicine since then?

Anonymous Insider

Did you ever find a solution to your chin problem?! I am having the same issue 😩

I have this exact same problem! It’s near impossible to catch in photos and even up close you can only see them from certain angles/when the light hits right, but it drives me crazy. I could spend hours popping them too if I wanted! I’ve tried everything but nothing seems to fix it. I have extremely dry skin as well. Have you found anything that fixes it? 

Small colored puss things, no head, but like right at the surface right?

My chin is randomly congested too. I don't use harsh products regularly, but may break out one of my peels to kick start them.

I think your skin looks actually beautiful 🙂 sometimes we are critical of ourselves ....but I would use a good exfoliation like the Jose Maran powder exfoliation it's known also to disinfect the skin ...you just add water and  scrub and you could even leave some on and use it as a mask  ...hope that helps 

Sensitive skin can have a hard time with chemical exfoliants or peels.  Tatcha also can be harsh on dry or sensitive skin (very chemical heavy; alcohol in many of the products).  I can't use a lot of the products you're using as they are too harsh for my skin.  My daughter's skin is even more sensitive and she will have problems with a light touch of certain harsher skin products (burning, redness that doesn't immediately go away, bumps, and dry patches).  I react to one use of some AHAs (I get bumps and pimples deep under the skin...otherwise I maybe get a pimple every 5 or 10 years; redness and dry patches).

For some people, the harsher products work great.  But for others they don't work at all.  If it were me, I'd give your skin a break and try cutting out all of the peels and chemical exfoliants.  See if that helps.  And, no, you don't "need" them.  I'm probably twice your age and my skin is holding up well using gentle products and oils.  

Anyway, that's one opinion.  The other question I'd ask is if it could be weather related.  

Hope that helps!

First of all, you have beautiful skin and you are gorgeous!

Since you have makeup on, it is hard to see.

Does it get red? 

It could be a small slight case of perioral  dermatitis which can flare up.

I had something like this on my cheeks, it went away when I stopped over exfoliating and calmed my skin down.

Also your skin does look a little dehydrated on the surface. Maybe a light hydrating masque and gentle cleansing? 

It doesn't get red, no! Not that I notice at least (it looks a bit red in the photo but I'm not sure why, maybe its the lighting but its definitely not red right now).  I'll cut back on my exfoliation and use the pads twice a week and see if that helps!! @luvgloss13  Thanks darlin.

Hey boo! LOL

Yes it is probably irritated, maybe use honey as a masque? or yogurt and something light . 

Be happy this is our only skin issue, which is nothing! lol. 😉

@sabrinas, Is it possible that the peel pads and the masks you're using are too much for your skin to bear?

If you're talking about the Origins Retexturizing mask in the pink packaging, that stuff gave my face texture. It was no good for me. Thankfully, I only had one of the little $5 pods and by the time I realized what it was doing to my face, it was almost all gone.

I'm not saying this specific mask could be the culprit, but could you maybe cut back on your exfoliation?

Your chin doesn't look congested to me...it just looks like your skin is irritated! 

Edited to add: my skin is normally smooth but looked like that when I reacted a product back in September.

I dont think they are too much, at least I hope not! What I was using before which for sure was too much (because my skin was always angry and peely and such), my moisturizers also had exfoliating properties which was a big no no lol.

I could try leaving that mask out for a bit, but I did have this issue before trying the mask as well 😞 I'm just stumped lol!  It's hard to see what I mean but I have like hundreds of micro skin-colored bumps on my chin where if you squeeze them, pus comes out (sorry gross lol) they're literally tiny zits 😛 @k617

@sabrinas hmmm. When I had my skin reaction, the bumps were also squeezable but what came out was a clear liquid. So they were actually tiny little blisters vs. pimples. It's definitely hard to tell from your photos!

Are these PTR peel pads the un-wrinkle peel pads?

Yeah it's those ones! I started using them more regularly as I figured they would be better than the abrasive stuff I was using on my face.  Maybe theyre too strong. @k617

According to PC, these pads have a pH of 6. I don't have any of these pads on hand so can't test myself to verify. But if they are indeed pH of 6, then they are wayyyy outside the optimum range to do any sort of exfoliation!

I really believe that proper exfoliation should be done in the right pH! I've been keeping a large bottle of pH test strips on hand to verify pH of my own skincare products. I'll have to look up the ranges again but I think BHA pH should be 2-3 to be effective, while AHA pH should be 3-4 to be effective. a pH of 6 is actually slightly more basic than our skin, so it really wouldn't do anything.

This is an excellent article that explains further: http://www.labmuffin[DOT]com/fact-check-friday-why-does-ph-matter-for-ahas-and-bhas/

This concept is still new to me, I've only started looking at skincare product pH within the last year, but it makes a whole lot of sense to me. Just throwing out ideas! 

Edit: I keep adding things! Sorry! I know what I just wrote above contradicts my suggestion that perhaps your skin is irritated (i.e., if the pH is too high to exfoliate, how could it be irritating your skin?), but still think cutting back on exfoliation and seeing if there are improvements will help!

Hmm wow ok! Goodness, that stuff is interesting to know.  I think the only exfoliation I'll do is my tata harper resurfacing mask once per week and see how that goes!

I don't see any pimples........?????? From your photos, your skin always looks nice.

It could just be natural sebaceous filaments (which cause congestion) or hygiene. 'Oily/dirty/sweaty things irritating your chin area.  Hair, pillows, hands, sheets, clothing, etc.  For some people it doesn't take much. Try sleeping on your back.

The only thing that treats sebaceous filaments (for me) is the PMD.  Since, it literally scrapes off the top layer of your skin and 'unplugs' pores. 

They're very hard to see, many are like micro skin-colored bumps all over my chin!  What is PMD? Thanks! @wheeeee

Personal Microdermabrasion Device. It is sold here but since it is pricey you can save your Ulta points for this. 

http://www.sephora.com/personal-microderm-P398500?skuId=1734003&icid2=products%20grid:p398500

Not wheeeee, but PMD is Personal Microdermabrasion device.

I use one too, but mine has a diamond tip to manually exfoliate (called the Silk'N Revit vs. the PMD which blasts crystals on your face).

Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos2
  • chin2.jpg
  • chin.jpg
testing