tabbycat89

Moisturizer

I'm looking for a moisturizer that won't break me out - I have extremely, extremely dry skin.It's summer and my skin is still so dry it is flaking off in little pieces and is tight and itchy. I really would like something that doesn't include these ingredients:

• Isopropyl isostearate
  • Isopropyl myristate
  • Myristyl myristate
  • Laureth-4
  • Oleth-3

bellag2107

Re: Moisturizer

I suggest First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. It doesn't contain any of the ingredients that you mentioned. I have super dry, sensitive, eczema-prone skin and I find that most of the products from First Aid Beauty work well with my skin.

mafan

(0) Hearts

I really like their cleanser, too.  I just started using it and it leaves my skin softer.  Just because something is Natural doesn't mean that it's the right thing for your skin, and not all chemicals are not bad.  Boscia is a good line, too, so if you don't need something so strong for your acne I would consider that as well.

laurabt

(0) Hearts

I agree, First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream is great for sensitive, dry skin!  :smileyhappy: -Laura

midniterae

(0) Hearts

I suggest using Ole Henriksen Truth Creme Advanced Hydration..

http://www.sephora.com/truth-creme-vitamin-c-advanced-hydration-P308101?skuId=1411289

I also suggest exfoliating your skin using Ole Henriksen's Walnut Complexion scrub..

http://www.sephora.com/walnut-complexion-scrub-P42318?skuId=958652

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

I agree: REN's products are quickly moving to the top of my "VIB Sale Shopping List".  I've heard nothing but good about them, and I do believe they are sulfate-free as well as cruelty-free to animals.  Caroline Hirons is always mentioning them, especially to those that are in the U.S. where other products in the U.K. aren't available.  Bottom line: Look for hyaluronic acid as a "must" ingredient for yourself.

1girliegirl

(0) Hearts

When it comes to dry skin, there are two important components: exfoliation and hydration are key.  I have struggled with dry skin and hormonal acne. Josie Maran Argan oil was wonderfully hydrating and did not cause me to breakout. Don't let the word "oil" scare you. Also, it is important that you are using an exfoliator to slough off the dry skin. I use my Clarisonic twice a day. I also recommend Clinique 7 Day Scrub, it is gentle enough to use daily and works great. Since I started using the Murad Resurgence line 1 month ago, I no longer have dry skin or acne.  I don't have to use my topical acne prescription or a daytime moisturizer anymore! I never thought that was possible! This line has worked wonders for my skin! I know it's frustrating to have dry skin/acne because all of the acne products dry out your skin even more!  It takes a lot of trial and error to find out what works for your individual skin.  Good luck!

Manda

(0) Hearts

Have you tried Ole Henriksen's Nurture me?  It is made for dry skin which tends to get irritated.  It is what I use and I love it!  Makes my face look and feel amazing.

michmo

I cannot say enough good things about First Aid Beauty.  Their Daily Face cream and 5 in 1 Face Cream with SPF are my go to moisturizers.  

momo

(0) Hearts

What kind of cleanser do you use? My face used to be extremely dry (flaky, red, and patchy) until I changed my cleanser and toner routine. I had been drying myself out by using harsh products. I was also irritating my skin with additives and fragrance.

Right now I use:

REN Hydra-Calm Cleansing Milk

Bosia Balancing Facial Tonic

Both products are very mild and hydrating. Often I don't even feel like I need an additional moisturizer anymore. (although I like to use Josie Maran Daily Moisture since it has Argan Oil and spf 40+)

Keeping my routine simple and natural really helped. My skin is especially sensitive though, not sure about yours. (The Korres Greek Yogurt Facial actually had too much fragrance for me and burned my skin)

tabbycat89

(0) Hearts

I've been using acne.org cleanser which is supposed to be really gentle, along with their moisturizer. I think its their cleanser that is doing it, I borrowed my sister's Boscia purifying gel and my face was instantly smooth and not flaky. I definitely think gentle + natural is the way to go, my face is very sensitive and a lot of things cause it to burn, get red and irritated. Does Argan oil help with acne? I'm afraid to put anything with the word "oil" on my face.

momo

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I find that many cleansers that are supposed to help acne (with acids or benzoyl peroxide or retinol, etc) tend to make my face very red and flaky. Even the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser that is so popular (it does clean very well! maybe too well for me) dries out my face so much.

I have not had any issues with acne from Argan Oil. I don't use it directly though, usually I mix a few drops in with a mild moisturizer. However I am not very acne prone so I don't know if it would be different for you. Reading the Argan reviews (Josie Maran) it seems like it helps acne for some and causes more for others.

You might even just try a gentler cleanser (like the Bosia one you tried) and a nice mostly natural moisturizer. I agree with the suggestion of First Aid Beauty, very mild formula and works well, and according to reviews (at least for the Ultra Repair Cream) does not cause breakouts usually. REN is also a good natural brand that does not have a lot of additives.

: )

pinkonyx

swfupload_692322925361959075.jpgren ultra moisture day cream.

cherrybombtastic

I would try Korres Greek Yoghurt Advanced Nourishing Facial. You wear it overnight over your usual products, and it helps with keeping the moisture in. I only skimmed through the ingredients, and it doesn't contain the ingredients you listed, but just double check just to make sure, I hope this helps and good luck!

mafan

And make sure you're drinking lots of water. You don't want your skin to be dehydrated as well as dry. Also make sure you're using a cleanser that isn't too harsh for your skin. 

starletta8

(0) Hearts

+1 on the water.

I was told that I was doing the most damage by not rehydrating properly.

daisybabe22

(0) Hearts

keihl's ultra facial cream. it is all natural and draws moisture from the air, and does not have those ingredients. it is 26 dollars online or at Nordstrom. also try Clinique moisture surge intense for dry to very dry skin.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • midniterae
    • Manda
    • 1girliegirl
    • jennypenny1995
    • mafan