JamieDawn

Josie Maran Argan Oil Cleanser

(0) Hearts

I have gotten three samples of this cleanser and loved and used every bit of it, but I'm a little terrified to switch completely over to it. I have acne prone skin that can break out like crazy in just a few days. Right now, I am using the Ren 3 calm clay cleanser and some Acuzone that my mom had. I want to use the Argan Oil, but will it help with the breakouts? I can't risk a red and broken out face again. It seems to take an eternity to clear up.

Lorraine71

Re: Josie Maran Argan Oil Cleanser

(0) Hearts

After going for my V.I.B makeover I'd been told I've hyper sensitive skin. Everything even for sensitive skin broke my skin out ,but after using Josie Maran Argan oil cleanser for a weeks  twice a day the condition of my skin is almost blemish free.  It feels really oily when washing face with it ,but it's a small price for the results I'm getting.

alphakatt

(0) Hearts

Dermadoctor's Ain't Misbehavin is the bomb.. I am going to try the JM cleansing oil this weekend though,

MoreGun89

I got one of the samples and tried it out while traveling this weekend, I love the effect, didn't seem to break me out more, the smell does leave a bit to be desired though >.>  Did remove makeup super effectively. And if you're not a fan of the double cleanse, I also recommend when you rinse it off using a damp, warm cotton washrag, it seems to get any remainder in my opinion :smileyhappy:

cherrybombtastic

I agree that double cleansing is the way to go, because not only would would your second cleanser clean your Argan oil cleanser off, but it would deep cleanser without stripping your skin if you use a gentle cleanser, like the REN cleanser. I, too, have used the REN cleanser, but I have since switched over to DERMAdoctor's Ain't Misbehavin' Cleanser because it doesn't make my skin red after washing it, yet it's effective with salicylic acid and glycolic acid. So yeah, if you tried your Argan oil cleanser without any problems, go for it! I hope this helps and good luck!

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Ah, I understand. I have combo skin and get whiteheads, so I prefer foamy cleanser to oily cleanser, but I do have a small size of JM oil cleanser. Since it is made of a blend of actual natural oil (last oil cleanser I tried consisted of 2 oil + 8 chemicals with unpronounciable names), I'd say it is probably safe for acne-prone skin.

However, it is an oil cleanser, so it is best for dry skin, or combination/normal skin in the winter. Sometimes if I want to do a double cleanse cuz I've got too much make up on or want to use messy mask, I will use this as the first cleanse since I don't have to worry about drying my skin out. Also, make sure to let it do its work thoroughly. For me at least, I discovered that I need to rub at least 20-30 sec for the make up/oil to dissolve and rinse a bit longer than I think I need to get it off thoroughly. If you don't get all the cleanser off, it can dry out your skin or clog your pores.

That's about all the precaution/general rules I can think of. If you are fine with the Ren one, which is also too gentle for my taste, you should be fine with this one, especially since you already tried a couple samples of it. =)

JamieDawn

(0) Hearts

Thanks for all the information! I actually am concerned that the Ren is too gentle for me, but I have tried Murad and it makes me a red, raw mess. I've also tried Clinique, Proactive, SkinId, Exposed. Do you have any suggestions for something that might be more effective but still calming? That is the number one reason I use Ren, it keeps my sensitive skin calm.

ChicDabbler

Yeah, Murad is effective on acne but pretty intensive for sensitive skin, same with Proactive. I used Clinique liquid soap for oily skin with no problem. I also like Origins Checks and Balances, but that have mint so prob not good for easily irritated skin, but their products are great in general and they have a redness-relief line so it would be great for you to check out: http://www.sephora.com/search/search.jsp?keyword=mega%20mushroom&_requestid=37291

You can also try Boscia oil-free line, which is another natural/gentle brand similar to Ren but without too much fancy stuff and the price tag.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • ChicDabbler
    • MoreGun89
    • alphakatt
    • JamieDawn
    • Lorraine71