rachallen

Is this milia? or just pimples? how can I treat this?

Missie772

Re: Is this milia? or just pimples? how can I treat this?

(0) Hearts

No, those aren't milia... and they aren't pimples either.

I have it too sometimes and my dermatologist says that it is clogged pores but not necessarily acne. I don't know what that means.... LOL. I am repeating what she told me! She tells me that I need to cleanse better and use a toner for my combo skin regularly.

FitFan

(0) Hearts

I have these too! I thought for a while it was milia but when I looked that up, it didn't look the same. These bumps are so annoying..it makes you feel like you can never have clear skin. I want to find something that can get rid of them too!

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I definitely think it's acne and is probably caused by the oil glands along your hair line becoming clogged when you sweat or wear hairspray. Just try to keep your hair pulled away from your face if possible.

JayReed

(0) Hearts

Rachallen, I suggest going to get a facial as needed and get extractions, masques are great but can only do so much. You will need someone to actually get in there and extract your pores. Usually esthetician schools offer facials for as cheap as $25 or you can go to a license pro starting at around $45 and higher.

seemee22

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I get something similar to this, but on a different area of my face. I was told that it's simply "clogged pores",and using topical creams/lotions/serums wouldn't help since they are "under the skin".The only thing that I've found that works for me are monthly facials/microdermabrasion.

Since it's on your forehead, you might want to switch up your shampoo. 

Mychelle makes a great pumpkin peel & tropical smoother. 

DiVWA

(0) Hearts

Do you eat cheese or drink milk by any chance? I find that I get them when I eat cheese or drink milk. I have yogurt almost every day and that doesn't seem to cause the bumps, but if I eat cheese or drink milk, I get them the next day. It took me a while to figure this out.

I've also found that if I use too many products with silicone in them, that I get bumps that way too. I prevent this by making sure that whatever I put on my skin at night doesn't have any silicone in it.

rachallen

(0) Hearts

No, in fact I should prob. take calcium supplements. I will eat cheese here and there, but do not drink milk or eat yogurt at all.

I will check to see if my products contain silicone. I recently switched from Bare Minerals to CC Cream, and switched a lot of other products up...but I had these before the switch.

carolang

(0) Hearts

So I just googled closed comedones and that is totally what it is. I've been doing some research and reading others issues with this problem and it looks like I've been trying the wrong things to help it (I'm going to be a little less aggressive and try some natural things like honey... also a lot of people are recommending Paula's choice BHA products - worth looking into). I can't believe I never knew what this was before/no dermatologist has acknowledged it. So annoying!

I will give retin A another shot on my forehead but ugh I just can't deal with the flaking it gives around my mouth.

Thank you OP for posting this with a picture!

JayReed

(0) Hearts

How long have they been there? If you just started the Clarasonic and these just showed up it may be just a purging phase. Have you tried to extract them? 

rachallen

I  had them before my Clarisonic. I have always had some, sometimes worse than other times. I really didn't pay attention because you can't really notice far away, but since I have been on a "get better skin and look pretty in makeup" kick and am always looking at my face close up, I am more aware. I did purchase the glam glo mask (the one for acne), and that kinda helped my face look better overall, but they are still there.

Just wondering if a certain mask, or skin care routine would be get rid of them.

carolang

(0) Hearts

Ugh I have the same thing and nothing ever effects how it looks. Is your forehead very oily? Mine is.

I went to the dermatologist and noted that I had "acne, but not really, uneven skin texture" and they didn't really have any interesting thoughts about it they just said I didn't have acne so I kind of begged for retinol and I used it religiously for 4 weeks (only on my forehead because it's the only place that doesn't flake like crazy) and saw no difference. I have this texture all over but mainly on my forehead.

If anyone knows a solution I'd appreciate it too...

rachallen

I don't think it is oily because it doesn't get shiny during the day. I get them most on my forehead, but they are everywhere on my face...forehead is the worst for me too though. I do exercise a lot and when I do I sweat ALOT. I wash my face before and after though. I guess I need to go to the dermatologist too. I thought about retinol, but I spend a lot of time outside, and am worried that my skin would freak out from it....

brittany0859

Maybe you should use the retinol again and use it for at least 3 months. 4 weeks is definitely not enough time for it to do its thing! I think retin a will really help with those bumps and even out your skin texture a lot if you use it long enough!

caperella

(0) Hearts

It's hard to tell from the picture, but it definitely doesn't look like milia to me. Do some research on closed comedones and fungal folliculitis (Malassezia folliculitis). 

bratknits

Looks like what my mother always called "oil bumps" I'm not sure what they're really called.  They aren't a pimple and they don't get red or hurt, just annoying and a bit unsightly.  I get them where you have them and next to my eyes.  I put a little dab of Mario Badescu Drying Cream on them at night and they're gone in the morning.  It's not overly drying and it's got colloidal sulfur in it.  

carolang

(0) Hearts

I will try this too... Thanks for tip

rachallen

(0) Hearts

You are right, they aren't red and don't hurt. You can't really even see them unless you are close up, or in natural light. But, they are there and I want to get rid of them! I will try out your suggestion. Thank you!

rachallen

(0) Hearts

bump...anyone? I know it is kind of hard to see,  but I have the small bumps pretty much over my whole face. I have been using the Clarisonic for about a month now.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • seemee22
    • FitFan
    • beautylovingirl
    • brittany0859
    • Missie772
    • carolang