Answer
lo1978
Is my skin regimen enough or too much?
(0) Hearts
I recently changed my skin regimen after a few months because I started breaking out again (nothing had changed in my regimen up until then); I replaced a couple of things. I wanted to show what I'm using now and just get some feedback. I'm 36yo with combination skin so I want something to address anti-aging and adult acne that includes blackheads and sometimes a few whiteheads. AM: PTR Glycolic wash, Kate Somerville Toner and Estee Lauder Daywear Advanced oil-free cream with SPF 25. PM: PTR Glycolic wash, Kate Somerville Toner, and then I alternate nights with Alpha Hydrox 12% Glycolic Souffle and Alpha Hydrox Retinol ResQ. Anything you would add or change? Thanks in advance!
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
spiritualizes
Answered
(0) Hearts

If it's anything it might be the amount of glycolic washes - you're using both day and night and then with a glycolic toner at night as well. Maybe opt for something a little gentler, though still thoroughly cleansing. Though if you're not sensitive I don't think it should be a problem. I get red, patchy dry spots if I overwash my skin which leads to some breakouts - so I try to keep my face clean and the skincare effective without having to load my skin up all the time. 

lo1978
(0) Hearts
What cleanser would you suggest that would do a good job at keeping my acne at bay but also compliment my regimen?
strmysony
(0) Hearts
I agree with spiritualizes. I use PTR's glycolic face wash once a day and alternate it with a more gentle cleanser, like Purity by Philosophy, this has kept my skin more balanced.
Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • lo1978
    • strmysony
    • megcee
    • ChicDabbler
    • spiritualizes