Answer
brittany0859
Is Philosophy's new Lactic Acid Cleanser for me?
(0) Hearts

I don't think Sephora carries it yet. It's new on the Philosphy website. But I'm looking for a new cleanser and was just wondering if it's right for me. I'm using Philosphys Help Me Retinol and a Clarisonic. I've also been doing weekly at home chemical peels (30% Glycolic acid). I usually only break out around my period, but I still have lots of clogged pores in my t-zone and a few old acne scars I can't get rid of. I think the lactic acid would help but I don't know if it would be too much on my skin considering the other stuff I'm currently using. What do you think? My skin is not senstitive. I have combination skin. The website doesn't say the lactic acid % but it's the fifth ingredient on the list.

Thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 1
drrragon
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Wow.  Honestly if your skin is able to tolerate weekly 30% glycolic acid peels, I don't think it will complain too much about a lactic acid cleanser!  If it's the fifth ingredient down, then it's bound to be relatively gentle even compared to 10% or even 5% glycolic acid.  I think it's worth a try.

For the clogged pores, other things to try are products containing salicylic acid (but that's not great to use on the same days you use glycolic acid) or benzoyl peroxide.  Maybe use them as spot treatment though, because those glycolic peels are pretty harsh on your skin as it is.

another thought:  if the lactic acid cleanser doesn't work, you might even consider adding a glycolic acid product to your daily regimen (something at 5% to start).  The idea would be the exfolidation would happen on a daily basis, rather than waiting seven days.  I mean what if you do your peel on Sunday, then a pore gets clogged on Monday, it has 7 days for the sebum to build up in that clogged pore....

Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 0 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • drrragon
    • brittany0859