cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

I need help finding a moisturizer to help with eczema

My son has really bad eczema and I need help finding something that will relieve the symptoms i.e. itching.  I want to go organic because I understand that product with less ingredients usually come with less potential side effects. Help Please!!

Re: I need help finding a moisturizer to help with eczema

Dr. Jart cicapair tiger grass cream helped me.  The other thing that helped is Cortisone ointment.  They sell that at Walmart, Walgreens, target for around three or four bucks.  When it gets bad that's what I use.  

Tatcha makes a facial Indigo Triple Recovery Cream that has been certified by the National Eczema Association. It's incredibly expensive, but some folks love it. (I got a sample and I wasn't crazy about it as a facial moisturizer, but I don't usually get flare-ups on my face so I can't speak to its eczema healing properties.)

But I have found some relief from Farmacy's Honey Savior. Its got a strange texture - more of a oily balm and not a cream - but it's really helped heal flare-ups on my body. Farmacy isn't purely organic but they do have relatively simple formulations that focus heavily on natural ingredients.

I've also heard good things about the Dr. Jart+ Ceramide line that MariekeBT mentioned, and I'm looking forward to trying that out soon.

One note of caution - be sure to test carefully with argan oil if you decide to go that route. I did not have a good reaction to it, as did others I know. As with all new skincare, go slowly.

Anonymous Insider

Hannah, I received a sample of the LXMI Pure NIlotica Melt recently, and it has done wonders for my skin.  It is packed with Vitamin A.  I was just reading about the importance of that vitamin for restoring the health of your skin.  The LXMI Melt is made of one ingredient and it is GRADE A.  If you apply it at night, you will definitely notice a difference in the morning.  In my case, this stuff worked fast.  This product is nature's gift to you!

I've had recent luck with Skinfix extra strength eczema sheer face ointment.  It has colloidal oatmeal so it helps with the itching. It is very greasy so I use overnight only.  For day use I've been using Aveeno baby eczema cream. It absorbs and does not make you look greasy. It too has colloidal oatmeal which I've found to soothe my raw, red, scaly, itchy skin. I've been dealing with eczema on my eyelids and brow area and these two products have helped immensely. 

I agree with everyone, FAB is great.  I use it on myself and my son.  I also use JM argan oil occasionally.  That is very moisturizing.  You can even mix a drop into a moisturizer.  You can use both of these on your face and body which is great. 

Hi @Hanna2017!  My son has eczema, too, and he found a lot of relief with the FAB Cream that @MariekeBT posted. He had a prescription ointment from the doctor which was very greasy, and I wasn't thrilled about the ingredients either. We tried the FAB and it actually worked better for him than the prescription. And because it wasn't greasy at all he was more inclined to use it.

The ingredients in the FAB cream are pretty innocuous. They shouldn't adversely affect your son in any way, but I'd check with your physician just to be sure. When I told my doctor the FAB worked better than the ointment he said, "Whatever works is fine."

Good luck!

Hi @Anonymous,

If it's very serious I would recommend consulting with a physician. There is only so much over the counter products can do, but they can sometimes help alleviate some things. 

Josie Maran 100 percent Pure Argan Oil is just pure cold pressed argan oil! It helps to hydrate, nourish, and soothe skin. You can use it almost everywhere on the body so great for any random spots that the eczema could appear.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration is a popular choice among those with very dry, sensitive, or eczema prone skin. You can use it from head to toe and it doesn't leave behind any greasy feel.  

Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin™ Cream is also a great option for those with very dry skin. Ceramidin has actually been clinically proven to heal eczema! The cream is a serum and moisturizer in one and is also safe for the eye area. 

XOXO,
Marieke

The only product that has ever truly healed my bad eczema was prescription ointment; it may be best to visit a doctor. 

For very minor cases of eczema, calendula salve and Bite Beauty's lip mask have helped soothe my symptoms. But, neither works as effectively as the prescription ointment.

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing