Kyndra

I need a spot treatment suggestion for this pimple before it takes over my face

I woke up this morning with a pimple by my nose and I just want to cry. I'm being mellow dramatic honestly but I do need some spot treatment suggestions because my birthday is coming up soon and this pimple will not be crashing it. I have combo skin and it's not sensitive so I'll take all suggestions from mild to industrial.

manniface

Re: I need a spot treatment suggestion for this pimple before it takes over my face

(0) Hearts

not going to lie... I just use toothpaste... I dont think its the smartest choice but I gets the job done. 

katie1724

Re: I need a spot treatment suggestion for this pimple before it takes over my face

(0) Hearts

Another vote for EradiKate -- it's the best spot treatment I've ever used, and it has a higher sulfur content than similar sulfur-based treatments. 

jxw200

(0) Hearts

oh i will put that on my list for next time! :smileyhappy: i am using murad acne spot treatment and i like it - based on the rest of the comments, I may like eradikate more! 

MK89

(0) Hearts

The Body Shop's Tea Tree night lotion is amazing for this- works better than their actual spot treatment. Dab a little on, leave overnight, and in the morning it will be a lot smaller and less red. It eventually just dries it out and it fades away :smileyhappy:upload_3689904838879255418.jpg

roseps135

(0) Hearts

Do NOT use toothpaste.  Apply Manuka Honey on it and leave it on for as long as possible (at least an hour).  After you remove the Manuka Honey, you can apply tea tree oil with a q tip (which is not visible and can be worn outside the house).

CzaCee

I swear by Kate Somerville Eradikate! :smileyhappy:

kimmmmmm

(0) Hearts

It sounds completely weird, but plain white toothpaste will help dry it out. Toothpaste in gel form won't do it...just super basic plain toothpaste. Try looking for a travel size. Just dab some on before you go to bed, and the minty magic will actually get the zit under control overnight. I read about this trick years ago in some teen mag ('Sassy', anyone?). It works the same way that Mario Badescu Drying lotion, or straight calamine lotion (the pink stuff in the MB drying lotion...but waaay cheaper) will.

bethany1217

(0) Hearts

I second the recommendation of the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. It has worked the best for my surface pimples. However, if it is a deep cystic pimple, it doesn't work as quickly for those.

bmpnyc

(0) Hearts
killahbabe

I recommend Kate Somerville's EradiKate and Mario Badescu's drying lotion. If you're on a bit of a budge there's also Bye Bye Blemish's drying lotion.

Spyski

Bye Bye Blemish is just as good! I currently use this one :smileyvery-happy:

killahbabe

I've tried BBB as well and it really works just as well as the more expensive brands!

mimibel

If it's a surface pimple or blocked pore type pimple, I take some Advil, a benadryl and constantly  poultice it with warm cloth and blob of Persa gel (alternating) when I don't have to be in public .

If it's a deep cyst kind that are hard to bring up and resolve, (which I rarely get but they are so horrid), the only thing that I know that will purge them is hot compresses and an old fashioned drawing salve from the pharmacy called ichthammol. (non-prescription)

lecia1167

Try Murad spot treatment. It's sulphur-based and works really quickly.

http://www.sephora.com/acne-spot-treatment-P4001

Spyski

This one is ok, but doesn't have a high percentage of sulfur which is a must for flare ups. The EradiKate has 10% oppose to only 3% in this one. 

DTalksAll

I agree with Spyski... you'll want something with a high percentage! 

kenny

I second the Murad spot treatment!

ghkim

(0) Hearts

you could try to crush an aspirin and mix it with water to make a paste and then put it on. or a topical steroid. aspirin/advil/steroids are all anti-inflammatory and will bring down the redness and swelling. the other thing i've tried is a retinol cream as a spot treatment. i would only do that if you have more than just a couple days though because that usually causes redness and peeling before bringing the pimple down. finally, if the pimple has a head to it, and you have a few days before primetime, i would consider popping it and then putting neosporin over it for healing.

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

if its inflamed, you could also try advid liquid gels. Weird I know, but the advil stops inflammation on your face! my neighbor taught me that trick!

Spyski

[ Edited ]

Try a sulfur treatment like the Kate Somerville EradiKate. Really any kind of spot sulfur treatment that has the duo liquid in the bottle will work. What I mean by duo liquid is the first layer is alcohol which sits on top, and the bottom layer is the sulfur mixture. You do not want to shake this! Just dip a Q-Tip all the way until it hits the sulfur mixture, then apply to the breakout. Leave on as long as you'd like, usually 5 minutes for me. Sometimes I sleep with it on certain spots, and when I wake up the inflammation is down and dried out. 

http://www.sephora.com/eradikate-acne-treatment-P232903

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 17 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • killahbabe
    • jxw200