neko333

I'm going to try that Caveman Regimen

First of all I'm not loony (at least I don't think I am). I saw Trucie on Beauty Talk post something about this and looked into it. Basically you don't wash your face, wear makeup, and avoid letting your face touch water. It's supposed to fix acne by restoring some acid mantle thing. My only reason for trying this is I'm not sure products don't actually make me worse. I'm going to try this for at least a week (if I can). You are supposed to do this for 28 days. However for someone who has washed her face  twice a day religiously for years I think a week is a good starting point. 

Londonlover101

Re: I'm going to try that Caveman Regimen

Day 1- after not using my regular routine (wash face with baby soap nivea cream, cliniques dramatically different moisturizing lotion my underye circles are a little more noticeable, my nose and skin on either side looks slightly red and wrinkled and oily. btw I did go in the pool yesterday :/ The acne on my chin is muted with only a few problem areas but overall is not inflamed or red and bumpy.

neko333

(0) Hearts

The first few days are the hardest. 

neko333

Day 7-

Made it all week, really nothing to it except breaking your routine. I'm thinking about cutting back washing my face to once or twice a week and doing the same with makeup. My face looks pretty good. It's still not perfect, but aspects of it are definitely better. Tones great, normal skin (not oily or dry), bumps under skin almost all gone, and the few scars I have seem to be almost completely gone (honestly I have no explanation for this one but I'm not going to argue with it). The blackheads are irritating as it has been the one down side. I'd be interested to see if a full month would eliminate them as well. I tried to look into it to see if it would but I didn't really find anything. I am going to limit myself to only once or twice a week and see how that goes for now. 

poohblueberry

[ Edited ]

YAY CUBBETTE!!!!!! Good to hear that your skin has gotten waaaaaaaaaaay better over the 7 days that you were on the Caveman Regimen! I have a feeling that if you went the full 30 days, your blackheads would be a thing of the past (as they'll continue coming up to the surface during the full month) - just food for thought!  Congratulations!!! :smileyhappy:

good job tiger.jpg

neko333

Day 6-

Still is looking better. I wouldn't really mind doing this for 28 days to be honest. I just don't know if I can because I have some things I need to do that I would like to look nice for. I could put on the makeup and take it off and then go back to what I was doing but that would probably reset me to the first day.....Plus I wanted to go in Sephora and have that color match thing done, and I'm sure they will put products on my face. Hmmm I need to make up my mind.  The only thing bothering me are my blackheads otherwise I'd be fine with no makeup. I would really love them to clear up which is why I'm thinking about doing this longer. I really just want to use a pore strip and rip em' out but what good will that do me if they just come back. It would be much nicer just for them to all go away like how most of my other issues have.

Candy357

Wow so cool!

But do you re-apply make up though???

Sorry if I missed that part.

I heard of this with hair, I tried it, but my hair started smelling funky lol and I couldn't stand it. So my first time hearing of it with the face. WOW!! :smileyhappy:

neko333

(0) Hearts

I don't apply makeup on my face. I haven't worn any all week. It's really not a huge issue for me though is I usually don't wear heavy face makeup. Eye stuff I take off and reapply. I've basically just been wearing some mascara and a matte eye shadow. I fill in my brows a little, but they are pretty easy to wipe clean.  

poohblueberry

@neko333 - you are doing a great job!! You are so brave to do this because not too many people would have (myself included). Especially for a week to begin with? **BIG hug**

Hang in there - I have full faith in you, girlie :smileyhappy:

hang in there.jpg

neko333

I like the kitty! Oh he's shoooo cute. Kittens can be evil though. One of mine was abandoned and really shouldn't have been without her mom yet as she was a newborn. She wanted to suckle on everything. I went to sleep with her on my chest and woke up to her sucking on my neck. It looked like I had a really bad hickey for about a week. 

poohblueberry

@neko333 - :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:

Awwwww - kittens aren't evil :smileyhappy: - she just sees you as her mommy!!!  Look at it this way - it was a LOVE hickey from your kitten! :smileyhappy:

Here are two pics of a kitten hickey that I found on sassytwosocks dot com's website. It was posted November 8, 2008 and entitled "My kitten gave me a hickey?!?!", and yes, her kitten also saw her as mama cat :smileyhappy:  Hope your love hickey wasn't worse than hers :smileytongue:

kitten hickey.jpg

kitten hickey 2.jpg

neko333

(0) Hearts

It was much, much worse. However I bruise like a peach......Luckily I'm strange and have light weight capped sleeve shirts that cover my whole neck. Good thing I did, makeup didn't work, it still showed through.

neko333

Oh, and Thank you by the way. 

poohblueberry

You're welcome, tiger cubbette!!

you're welcome tiger.gif

jellybean917

Yes, kudos to you for going for this! 5 days down, you're almost to the full week! :smileyhappy:

glossyguru

You're doing great so far! Maybe if no one else can see them, that means that the blackheads are soon to disappear if you keep this up!

neko333

Day 5-

Same old thing. Looks clear, feels icky. My Mom did comment that my skin was looking a lot better. Then I told her to feel my nose and she realized it was rough. She said even close up she really couldn't see anything. The blackheads are there, they just look worse to me, and nobody else seems to notice them. 

ChicDabbler

Do they still look flaky and dry?

I'm glad they look clear at least. It's better than feeling super soft and smooth but looks red and bumpy, which is how I am sometimes. Fingers crossed it stays clear. =O

neko333

(0) Hearts

It's not even so much that it looks flaky. Just if I scratch I have flakes of skin, like I'm shedding. Basically as long as I don't touch it the flakes aren't noticeable. It's mainly just dry around my nose. My T-zone however is playing a game of musical chairs. It looks dry in the morning but by night it's gotten a bit oily so it looks more normal. I do feel like my T-zone has actually been producing less oil each day tough. Either that or I have gotten use to it. The first day or two I looked like I needed to blot, now it's not really noticeable to anyone but me. 

neko333

Day 4-

I cannot express in words how much I want to scrub my skin. The under skin flesh colored bumps are going away beautifully. I can usually turn my face and see all these little bumps. Unfortunately the feel of my skin is gross, every little blackhead I have is at the top of the skin so it's really rough. They have also gotten darker, I guess because they are coming to the surface. I do have the flaky skin starting to form. My skin looks a little dry when actually it's dirty and dull. 

MACfanatic

What do you do while showering?  Wouldn't the steam affect your face even if you try to avoid getting it wet?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 43 replies
  • 65 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • unblownkisses
    • ChicDabbler
    • roxystar4
    • neko333
    • poohblueberry
    • momo