neko333

I'm going to try that Caveman Regimen

First of all I'm not loony (at least I don't think I am). I saw Trucie on Beauty Talk post something about this and looked into it. Basically you don't wash your face, wear makeup, and avoid letting your face touch water. It's supposed to fix acne by restoring some acid mantle thing. My only reason for trying this is I'm not sure products don't actually make me worse. I'm going to try this for at least a week (if I can). You are supposed to do this for 28 days. However for someone who has washed her face  twice a day religiously for years I think a week is a good starting point. 

neko333

Re: I'm going to try that Caveman Regimen

(0) Hearts

Eh, there's no real way around that but I've been taking baths.  I thought the bath wouldn't be quite as steamy as I'm not trapping myself behind a curtain. I don't think a little water trickling down your face will really hurt anything though (there's no way to avoid it). I think some people read no wash, no water, no makeup, no touching and they take it to the extreme. Some water will get on your face just don't emerge your whole head in it. You can still wear makeup on yours eyes and lips. As for the touching, it's best not to, but if I have an itch on my nose I'm going to scratch it. It more or less means not to pick at your skin. I should probably elaborate more so people don't take it so literally. 

momo

It is so awesome you are doing this! You are doing great! : )

neko333

Day 3-

Not as oily today. I saw a few pieces of flaky skin. The under the skin flesh colored bumps are almost completely gone so that's a huge plus! I'm hoping I won't have any by the end of the week. My pores look smaller? My blackheads are bugging me though, it's not so much I have new ones as all the old ones are coming up to the surface and are rough. They feel like they could be scratched out almost. I'm hoping this will get better, or they will at least all come out far enough that a pore strip can rip them out for good. Still no makeup, washing, or contact with water.

mxcx

Ooohh, super interested in how this turns out for you! (:

I do notice that my skin tends to look better at night when I havent touched it the whole day and in the morning when it hasnt been disturbed since I've been sleeping, so I wonder if a week would make it super calm!

neko333

Day 2-

When I went to bed last night my face was oily. This morning when I woke up it was nice and matte. I was surprised. I'm not sure if my skin absorbed the oil or my pillow. I've kept my hands off (I just did my nails). However I did touch my nose a little and the texture is kind of rough where I have blackheads. It is probably the most bothersome thing so far. I haven't broken out but I do have a few spots that are in the middle of healing. The skin colored bumps I have seem less noticeable already and I believe my tone is looking better (less sickly more even). So far so good. I'm anticipating I'll probably breakout eventually but it would be nice if I didn't. 

Londonlover101

Im going to try it too but I don't know if I can guarantee the "no water" because water gets on my face quite a lot! but I wont wash my face or wear makeup :smileyhappy: I just realized something. A week ago I posted something about how I just went on vacation and didn't was my face or wear makeup for two and half weeks and my skin was amazing! the acne was almost totally gone and it was clear! im so excited to try this :smileyhappy:

neko333

Post a log like me at the end of each day on this thread to track progress!

roxystar4

yay! Im glad you are doing this. Please keep us updated!

neko333

I'm going to try to do a daily log at least. My goal is a week and then i will decide rather to continue or quit. 

carolang

Also, reminds me of my husbands skin, which is beautiful grr he gets a little oily but never anything too bad!

carolang

I think there is definitely something to this. Good luck!

neko333

My mom was like "I told you to do this years ago, just wash with soap and water". I told her I wasn't going to use soap or water and then she gave me a strange look and told me "at least use water". If it gets oily and I have to go out I am going to have to blot though. My problems are just "mild" however that doesn't make it anymore fun. I'm sure people with really bad skin think I'm crazy. I will agree with them though if this works and I find out I have been causing my problem. 

neko333

Day 1-

Today was day one! Easily met with success, no washy, water, or makeup (except eye). I'm a little oily but not bad. My bumpiness seems to not be as bad as I haven't irritated it for the first time in almost 10 years. I'm really concerned as to what my blackheads will do........I am finding it hard not to touch my face as I do it unconsciously and I'm like "Friggle fraggle!"

trucie

Please do before/after photos :smileyvery-happy:

And good luck! <3

neko333

(0) Hearts

Found camera, can't find charger......that's rather useless. I may borrow one sometime this week if I can't find my thingy. 

trucie

I do think you should wash your face once/twice a day with just water.

Please keep updating I'm really curious! :smileyhappy:

Have you done a research on what sunscreen you gonna use? :smileyhappy:

neko333

(0) Hearts

Water I may have to use occasionally. I was wondering if bottled would be better? I still plan to wear eye makeup, I've contemplated on only dabbing my bad spots with a little concealer if I need to go out and blotting the makeup off with a cotton ball later (I only have 3 spots, so i wouldn't be coloring my whole face with it or anything). I also thought of blotting sheets. My skins more dry so I shouldn't have a ton of issues with oil for a little while hopefully. I feel like I'm a good candidate for this as I have more of the problems described by the people who had success with it. Sunscreen I really haven't looked at. I'm probably just going to avoid the sun. The best thing I have though is probably a sample packet of Yes to Cucumbers Natural Sunscreen SPF30.

neko333

(0) Hearts

That was the article I read. Along with a few other things. 

neko333

I'll do updates. I might take pictures of my skin in certain areas since it's really hard to see my problem areas as a whole. I have mild acne. Mainly blackheads and skin colored bumps, the bumps drive me insane as they can sometimes look rash like, I've been assured by a dermatologist though it is some form of acne though. I've tried just about everything, except acutane, but there's no way I'm ever doing that. At this point I'm seriously at the point of believing my skin care may be making it worse. When I switched to more natural products it got a lot better. I really doubt it'll help blackheads at all though, if it does I'll be amazed as nothing has helped the ones on my nose. 

Nik68359

My best friend does not wash her face other then with plain water in the shower and she has beautiful skin and never breaks out. I have tried to do it but I just cant do without washing my face I feel gross.

DesertRose0706

This will be a really interesting experiment!  I hope you share the results!  I could never go a while day without washing my face, so my eyes you are very brave! lol

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 43 replies
  • 65 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • unblownkisses
    • ChicDabbler
    • roxystar4
    • neko333
    • poohblueberry
    • momo