Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

How would you recommend me to put the Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Foundation? beauty blender? brush? and which primer?

Re: How would you recommend me to put the Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Foundation? beauty blender? brush? and which primer?

Thank You all

Re: How would you recommend me to put the Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Foundation? beauty blender? brush? and which primer?

Brush or Beauty Blender is a personal preference when it comes to foundation. I personally prefer a stippling brush most days, but most people here seem to be team Beauty Blender. Some people like to use a brush, and then go over the foundation with a damp Beauty Blender. 

Primers vary a LOT and can address different concerns these days. Some minimize pores, some are moisturizing, some color correct, some have acne treatments, some have SPF, etc. What kinds of concerns would you like to address with your primer?

I want it to perfect my skin and to help me that the makeup stays longer

If your primary concern is for a primer to serve its basic functions without needing to touch into specific aspects like heavy oil control or color correction, I'd recommend starting off with Smashbox's Original Iconic Photo Finish Primer. It's oil free but infused with vitamin E to condition skin and it has a silicone-based formula that helps form a smooth, silky barrier atop skin to prevent aspects like oil, sweat, and dry spots from disrupting makeup wear and appearance but also keeps makeup from settling into trouble spots like enlarged pores or fine lines while giving a soft matte appearance to skin.

It's available in a trial size and also in both Try It kits!

The above is the primer kit, it includes the 0.5 oz foundation primer, the Primer Water that I mentioned below would work well with a sponge, undereye hydrating primer to prevent concealer from caking or settling, and their waterproofing shadow primer that can also be applied to brows and lips to lock on color.

The above kit comes with a trail sized foundation primer as well as a full sized, black, waterproof kohl liner as well as a mini mascara, waterproof shadow primer, and mini lipstick in a soft rosy pink.

Love me a good stippling brush! 🙂 

They're a great way to get a diffused, almost airbrushed look from liquid and cream foundations from a brush without having to go to a sponge.

I'm faster with a stippling brush than I am with a Beauty Blender, and my beauty routine is all about efficiency!

Plus I just love how a stippling brush feels ^_^

Have you tried Smashbox's Telephoto Brush? That thing is a love of mine because it locks into 3 settings for bristle lengths so you can use it at the lowest like a stippling/buffing brush, medium for medium/full coverage for powders or for less impact than the shortest, and full length for powders.

I haven't heard of that brush, and now I've added it to my Loves list because it looks so cool. And this is exactly why I need to stay away from BT if I want to stop buying stuff! 

LOL! I know what you mean....I could be all "Nah, don't need anything! *checks BT and learns of a bunch of new things that have now caught my eye*" 😛

The brush is super nifty to carry loose powder too for a daily basis versus having a brush and jar of powder in your purse. Swirl some powder into the brush, retract it fully, cap it, toss that in your bag, then open it up whenever you need a mild touch up, and clean it off at the end of the day! 

I find that a Beauty Blender sponge diffuses the Smashbox Studio Skin foundation initially more than a brush does. If you're wanting to keep to the integrity of the formula for offering medium to full coverage, it may be easier to obtain that via the use of a foundation brush (either a traditional flat brush or a condensed buffing brush with short bristles). If you want to sheer the formula down some, a dampened Beauty Blender works (even moisten it with the Smashbox Primer Water so you're incoporating its anti-oxidant and mineral rich formula onto skin). The Beauty Blender can also work nicely as a finishing tool for detail areas like the hairline/temples, sides of the nose, and down along the jaw after working with a brush.

In terms of primer, definitely cater to your skin type, any concerns or aspects you're looking to accomplish (for example, if your skin is oily and you're looking to mattify it or if you have a bit of redness and you're looking to maybe color corrector/neutralize a bit so your foundation isn't the sole product working hard to cover it up), and if you have any preference in formula types (oil, water, silicone, cream, etc.). 

Let us know a bit more about your skin and what you're looking to accomplish and more detailed insight can be provided!

Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing