Answer
JNLove4289
How to rid of STUBBORN black heads?
Hello. My issue is black heads. I have them primarily on my nose. I occasionally have them on my chin, or in between my eye brows. The ones on my nose will not go away! I have tried lemon juice, rubbing alcohol, masks, strips, scrubs, washes, volcanic ash scrub,apricot scrub, Proactive, and more. I am desperate to get rid of them. How?
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 2
lylysa
Answered
(0) Hearts

I've posted this before in another thread about blackheads:

Look into alpha and beta hydroxy products.

Alpha hydroxys, namely gylcolic acid (fruit sugars), and beta hydroxy, most commonly salicylic acid (most often used in acne treatments), help in chemically exfoliating the skin. In addition to cleasing to sweep off oils and dead skin that can get trapped in pores and oxidize (leaving behind black heads), they work on a cellular level to promote new and healthy skin regeneration.

Glycolic acid helps to brighten and even out skin tone as well.

Peter Thomas Roth as well as Anthony Logistics makes great glycolic washes and beta hydroxy washes. PTR even makes exfoliating pads with beta hydroxy infused in them. You can pair the facial washes with a Clarisonic for even better deep cleansing action!

Though pore strips help to pull out some blackheads, your best bet is to visit a skin care therapist or aesthetician to get your black heads extracted. They do a mild cleaning and steaming of the face to open and relax pores and then use an extraction tool to force blackheads to the surface to be removed. The skin is then treated to close up the pores, then properly moisturized. Though this extraction tool is sold in beauty stores, please do not attempt to do extractions at home unless you are trained or have the proper knowledge on proceedure as incorrect use can lead to harsh treatment of skin (damaging capillaries/blood vessels) and even scarring as sometimes a bit of concentrated pinching is needed to help extract.

Also if skin is not properly prepped and finished off it can lead to more damage or even more blackheads. Always seek a professional to do extractions!

Extractions do range in sensation from a mild pinch to more of a slight pressure, so be sure to always express if you are feeling extreme pain as the asethetician is extracting black heads. Not all of them will hurt, normally ones that are larger or trapped deeper require more elbow grease to work out, but it's one of the quickest and most effective ways to remove them.

As a side note, lemon juice is aimed for for skin brightening than getting rid of trapped oils, also, as acidity levels can vary and isn't pH balanced, you run the risk of sensitizing skin with just pure lemon juice if you're not careful. Rubbing alcohol will dry your skin out, making it more difficult for effective skin care products to take effect, ash scrubs are better for controlling and absorbing excess oil, which would be more of a preventative for future blackhead development, apricot scrubs are harsh on skin as fruit seed powders are coarse and granualar so they don't do a smooth job at polishing the skin, but rather scratching which can lead to irritation and inflammation. The chemical exfoliation you get from beta and alpha hydroxy products will do a much more even and gentle job of exfoliating. As blackheads are trapped below the surface of the skin, working with topical products like manual/physical scrubs and masks won't do too much in terms of being able to penetrate into the skin, working with chemical based exfoliants that work on a cellular level will provide better results in being able to boost skin from the inside out.

Naomi222
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi,

Frequent face cleansing therapy can help you get better skin, you can follow a few course steps to do it at home as well.

thanks

Naomi

JNLove4289 wrote:
Hello. My issue is black heads. I have them primarily on my nose. I occasionally have them on my chin, or in between my eye brows. The ones on my nose will not go away! I have tried lemon juice, rubbing alcohol, masks, strips, scrubs, washes, volcanic ash scrub,apricot scrub, Proactive, and more. I am desperate to get rid of them. How?

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • JNLove4289
    • Naomi222