Answer
jeremylately
Accepted Solution
How to get rid of stubborn blackheads on cheeks?

Hello.

First of all, I have dry skin so I try not to use a lot of acne products because they tend to be overly drying for my face.

I've tried using Dr. Brandt's vacuum cleaner a few times, but when I look in a mirror from a far, it looks like I have black dots around my cheeks closer towards my nose. Up close I can see them, so I know they're still there. I've also tried Sephora's extractor but these blackheads don't want to leave my face!

Please let me know what I can do to get rid of them for good!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
tiffanybt
Answered

Hi jeremylately.  The Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Extra Strength Alpha Beta Peel are perfect for drier skin types while addressing not only blackheads, but also gently exfoliating your skin.  I noticed a question you asked earlier about dry cheeks and this would be the perfect treatment to follow after using one of those cleansers Diana recommended.

ddg.jpg

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Tiffany

Answers: 3
beachgirl43
Answered

Clarisonic Mia fixed the problem for me. It got rid of mine in a two weeks using once a day at night.

kssweetheart
Answered
[ Edited ]

Hey jeremylately - I have found that my Clarisonic Mia, Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser, Philosophy Oxygen Peel followed by Philosophy Hope in a Bottle Moisturizer work well. Hope in a bottle is pretty gentle and moisturizing, although, after I do my Philosophy Oxygen Peel I wait just a little while before applying it. It shouldn't dry out your skin much but everyone reacts differently. Also, you might want to check out QVC or Philosophy's website for video instructions & tips re: Oxygen peel. Christina Carlino(unsure spelling) recommends what she calls 'boot camp' for your skin. Basically, you use the Oxygen peel several days in a row (don't remember exactly how many days) then, after 'boot camp' you use it a little less frequently, anywhere from once a week to 2-3 times a week, depending on your needs. I know It seems like that may be a little intense, but it works and doesn't leave your skin feeling raw or scalded, just fresh, new and smoother. You can also use this in the morning, which is nice, since a lot of people don't really want to bother with things like this at night. Heck, sometimes you don't even feel like taking off your makeup, nevermind doing something like this at the end of the day. It's nice to have the option. For makeup wearers, you makeup goes on so beautifully after using Phil Oxy Peel, nothing like it. You also get a lot more out of your skincare products, once you exfoliate/peel or use Clarisonic. I think any product with the word "PEEL" in its name is a little intimidating/scary, the Oxygen Peel is not like an acid-chemical peel at all. I find it to be so gentle and extremely effective. Everyone is so different, guess that's why there are a kagillion products out there and an infinite number of combinations/cocktails. You might want to introduce products one at a time, I never try more than 1 new product at a time. If my skin reacts I want to know what it's reacting to. I do mix it up and try other products, this is just like 'Old Faithful' for me. Anyhow, hope this helps, keep us posted.

****No, just in case anyone was curious, I do not work for Philosophy, maybe I should given the way I preach about their products!

aesthertician
Answered
(0) Hearts

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO FIND GOOD AESTHERICIAN TO EXTRACT THOSE BLACK HEADS.

THE PRODUCT WILL HELP TO EXFOLIATE THE DEAD SKIN AND MAKE IT EASY TO EXTRACT BUT IT WILL NOT ELIMINATE IT.

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 8 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • beachgirl43
    • tiffanybt
    • jeremylately
    • kssweetheart
    • aesthertician
Photos1
  • ddg.jpg