Answer
sdavis23
How to get rid of acne on my chin?
(0) Hearts

Over the last year, I've had more breakouts occur on my chin. I have oily/combination skin and have been using Neutrogena acne cleanser. It's been working well, and espeically all over my face. After, I use Neutrogena oily/combination moisturizer. Like I said, this was working pretty well and now it's just a problem on my chin. I'd be willing to pay a little more to help fix this problem. I'm one of those people who is skeptical of changing my routine for my whole face, but if it makes these go away, I'll take it. 

I get that everyones skin is different, but I really don't know what to try. I don't really want to spend a bunch of money on something that won't work.

Thanks for any help! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
lojical1
Answered
(0) Hearts
Acne is caused by different things, not just dirt and grime. If you are having outbreaks on your chin it could be hormonal, diet, or dirt, or even a combination of all three. You may want to try a masque, like a sulphur or clay masque. I really like the ddf sulfur masque or the Peter Thomas Roth (as far as brands that you can get at sephora). Yu may also try to adjust your habits such as notice how often you touch your face or being on the phone. And as always, you can always go to sephora and get a free skincare consultation, and get samples to check it out first. Hope this helps!
cherrybombtastic
Answered
(0) Hearts

If it's acne on the chin or along the jawline, it could definitely be hormonal. You should actually go to a dermatologist before trying every product out there and making it worse. Even though a dermatologist visit could be expensive, if you've never been to one, I would suggest trying one. Look for reviews online around your area so you can save time and money. A lot of products may solve your acne on your chin issue and then go on to cause other problems on the rest of your skin. I hope this helps and good luck!

powderedpeach
Answered
(0) Hearts

Chin acne is super common in women because our pores are too small in this area to accommodate any increase in oiliness that we get during certain parts of the month.  While the increased oiliness is hormonal, you may notice that for some reason your chin doesn't seem to act like the other areas on your face, which can be really frustrating.  Try to pay attention to subtle changes in your skin, as you may notice a pattern in the breakouts... Maybe during certain times of the month or in response to irritation.  Regardless, these clogs are occurring beneath the skin, so you won't see the same oiliness you might on the rest of your face.  You can keep the follicles clear by using an AHA wipe--either only on the chin or all over as an exfoliant.  Gels and moisturizers introduce too many thickeners, so I'd check out First Aid, Peter Thomas Roth, and Philosophy who all offer pads saturated in a liquid chemical exfoliant that you could use as needed.  Lactic acid may be a good choice because it will bind water to the surface, so your skin doesn't get dry, flaky, irritated--all of which make breakouts worse.  If that's not enough, add a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel spot treatment on the breakouts nightly.  Or if you're seeing excess oil, you can always add in a nonmedicated clay mask to see if that helps too.  Just be cautious of adding new lotions or creams because they often contain thickeners that complicate matters.  You can also try moisturizing the chin less or with a lighter product--and avoid overdrying the skin.  If the rest of your skin is happy, you might just need to deal with this area separately, which plenty of people with combination skin often find necessary. 

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • sdavis23
    • powderedpeach
    • lojical1