Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

How to Prevent Mascara/Eyeliner Smudging

Can you please advise me on how to prevent my mascara & eyeliner from smudging.  I always use an under eye moisturizer and I'm thinking that maybe that is contributing to the smudging.  Living in Louisiana with all this humidity doesn't help either.  I have tried numerous brands and nothing seems to be foolproof.  I have also tried dusting powder under my eyes to set the products but the powder gets in the fine lines under my eyes. Help please.

Re: How to Prevent Mascara/Eyeliner Smudging

Hi, Krazykats!

When you're applying your eye cream, be sure you're not getting too close to the lashline or even the outer/inner corners as you don't want the eye cream to run the risk of irritating eyes. Be sure you're also letting it absorb fully prior to applying makeup so its emollient nature isn't touching into your mascara and causing it to transfer.

In terms of eyeliner smudging or running, try to invest in a long-wear or even water-proof/resistant formula, or apply a bit of eye shadow/lid primer first to provide some better "grip" for your liner to adhere to and thus last longer. 

If you notice mascara smudging and transferring to your top lid and below your bottom lashline, try to invest in a mascara shield to make the application process a bit easier so lashes aren't bumping along skin.

Image result for mascara shield

E.L.F makes one for cheap, as do other brands on the market. You can even do a quick DIY version with a plastic spoon or even a cut business card.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing